I NEED TO GET TONEDDDD!!!! D: Help me?

Options
Okay people :D I just wanna say you all are awesome and all deserve long and happy lives!!!

Okaay, so I lost the weight... but, now I am all flab... no fab... D: I need some exercises that will help this flab turn fab! I don't have a gym to go to. I do have dumbbells and stuff so I have the stuff at home. Just no treadmill and during the summer I have a pool to go to. I am doing the squat challenge currently (doing 50 squats the first day then adding 5 each day and breaking every 3 days) and I am on my third day so I am hoping that will tone my legs. But, My stomach is flat but just jiggly... so any challenges or something that can tone in 30 days or whatever? D: I just need to be challenged or something. I would do the 30 day shred I just have nooo place to do it at since I live in a smaller apartment.. :/ Thank you soo much guys

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, or moderately heavy lifting (looking into Starting strength or New Rules of Lifting for Women), a small caloric deficit (0.5 lb/week weight loss goal, or TDEE -10-15%), and adequate protein intake.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    You only need enough room to do jumping jacks and press-ups. Space is really that tight?
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to start lifting heavy. Body weight exercises can only get you so far.

Look up Stronglifts, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting For Women... any of these will help to get you the look you're after.

Your focus should be compound lifts. Squats, bench press, deadlifts, pull ups, dips, overhead press, rows. These are your new friends/hated enemies.

Forget any 30 day whatever. Pick up a bar and see what you're made of. You'll start weak, improve in time, and get the results you want.

Good luck to you.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I agree with the heavy lifting comments, that will definitely do your body the most good. But if you're really limited on equipment and space, the Spartacus workout was somewhat helpful for me:

http://www.leangreenhealthymachine.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=174368852
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to start lifting heavy. Body weight exercises can only get you so far.

Look up Stronglifts, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting For Women... any of these will help to get you the look you're after.

Your focus should be compound lifts. Squats, bench press, deadlifts, pull ups, dips, overhead press, rows. These are your new friends/hated enemies.

Forget any 30 day whatever. Pick up a bar and see what you're made of. You'll start weak, improve in time, and get the results you want.

Good luck to you.
    This.

And in regard to space limitations, I lift in my 12 by 12 living room. It's cramped, but I make it work.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Would've been better to have done some exercise while you were " losing weight"

But...weight lifting will help but if you got a lot of flab, it'll only do so much.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.
    This.

And in regard to space limitations, I lift in my 12 by 12 living room. It's cramped, but I make it work.

Also agree.
  • temple_n
    temple_n Posts: 29 Member
    Options

But...weight lifting will help but if you got a lot of flab, it'll only do so much.

This is such a helpful comment!:noway:

I am having the same experience as the original poster and I am very interested to hear what others may have to say about repairing the skinny-fat dilemma. All we have to work with is this moment right now. I'm sick of "should"ing all over myself.

Thank you for your question, and thank you to those who've offered informative advise.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.
    This.

Yup, THIS!!! My living room is TEENY but I make it work too!
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    jump rope.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

This is such a helpful comment!:noway:

You're welcome :laugh:
  • hardlyhappenstance
    Options
    Weights, weights, weights! They're your secret weapon! Do some pilates and some weight training and the flab will become more toned. Squats won't do it all!
  • cdrm91
    cdrm91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weights, weights, weights! They're your secret weapon! Do some pilates and some weight training and the flab will become more toned. Squats won't do it all!

I agree with the majority of people's posts on this. Cardio is great for burning the fat but if there is no resistance training then the muscle underneath won't be toned, which is what I think you're after??

I would start with body-weight resistance exercises for a few weeks (squats, lunges, press-ups etc.) but I would really start trying to progress on your plank. As you start building good strength in your inner core through planks and their variations, then you can start throwing in extra core work.

After a few weeks of body-weight, then gradually start adding in some weighted exercises, but as I said, I wouldn't recommend heavy weight training until you can handle your own body-weight.

Good luck though! :smile: