Is it ok.......?

Options
Is it ok if I go over my calorie limit if I work late at work. I work 3pm till 11pm and if they call overtime sometimes I'm here till 3am. I get up every morning between 6-7

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I would say try to space it out, but yeah, the longer you're up, the more energy your body is using, so you get hungry. I get it! :happy: Try to get low calorie or at least healthy options for when you have to stay late: almonds (they are high calorie but just a few can keep you full for awhile), fruit, any kind of protein (lean chicken or some greek yogurt?
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    I know what you mean, I work 5pm to 1:00am everyday and I'm up at around 8:00am everyday. It's a very long day, and by 12:00am I'm hungary again. I try to space my food out as much as possible, and try to eat filling foods, or LOTS of FRUITS and veggies. I usually count them for the next after Midnight. I also started chewing sugar free gum at night. This helps out alot too!!
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    yeah I think that'd be fine!! Especially since you're working you're going to need more energy through the night to keep you going.
    Sounds like you work in a hospital haha I do too and that's the shifts we do.