He's gonna make me muscle freak! :'(

Options
13»

Replies

• weightloss_forsuccess
    Options
    This will officially be my last time posting on in the forums....thanks for the advice to the helpful people..

God help those who try to bring me down.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    This will officially be my last time posting on in the forums....thanks for the advice to the helpful people..

Probably for the best of you're that sensitive!

Its called having enough reapect for myself to not let insecure people disrespect me.

Honestly, this thread seems tame compared to others out there. I think that most of the people were trying to help, and there will always be the people who like posting funny things and aren't really that helpful, but that's what happens on the webbernetz.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Did you not like my advice? I was siding with you...
  • Ipalavra
    Ipalavra Posts: 32
    Options
    Let me break it down for you... to lose weight = less calories in than calories burned. The more muscles you have, the more calories your body burns while not doing anything. You metabolism increases. That's why muscular people can go for the longest periods without any working out and not put on a pound. Building up muscle is the BEST way to kick start fat loss.
  • Portugueselove
    Portugueselove Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I keep picturing myself either still fat with muscle...or a giant walking muscle...
    We all dream of being a giant walking muscle. Still not there yet. I doubt you'll hit that wall any time soon.

Calm my fears please :(
    tumblr_ltcnft91Wu1r3f00oo1_500.jpg

LMAO I love soft kitty ;)
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    mhm... I wish that would happen to me.

Seriously, though. I've often rolled my eyes at people who worry about getting too bulky or muscular. You're still overweight. Getting muscular and bulky is quite possibly the BEST thing that could happen to you.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options

One thing you will learn about MFP forums.. if you seek genuine help, LOTS of people will be there to help and support you.. If say something a bit odd, they will also call you on it. That is what i see here, I re-read the comments to be sure but I came away with the impression that just about everyone was supportive and encouraged you to do it. It is very true in this world that different people respond to different messages. One message might resonate with you, but gets no reaction from a different poster and I feel that the diverse group of people/ideas/opinions/communication styles on MFP is an asset. Its very true that some in ways a bit more blunt than others, but that is life. You are just a kid, and perhaps i was more sensitive when i was your age (too long ago to remember) but there are people out there that will offer you a hug and others that will offer you a kick in the hind end.. Interesting thing is that I realize sometimes i need the hug but i definitely need the kick at times too. In my opinion, there IS a place for tough love.

Just my 2 cents. Welcome to MFP, and good luck with your journey, stick with the trainer, dump processed foods/junk foods, eat clean and you will be just fine.
This discussion has been closed.