Rookie

sbates1234
sbates1234 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to this website, just started today and find it very helpful. I want to lose 80-100 lbs and I think if I write posts and have support, I can definitely reach my goals! I am SOO good at starting, but sticking with it has always been my struggle. I need someone or a few someone's to keep me accountable! I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions as I am a total "work in progress".

Thanks for your time!
Stephanie

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    No real advice other than stay with it, make some friends on here, and hold each other accountable!
  • Welcome! I agree .. make some friends ..there is lots of support!!
  • HKHOWELL
    HKHOWELL Posts: 5
    I have been at this new lifestyle for about 14 months now. I've tried every diet known to man over my whole life. I have lost 83 lbs so far and am still a "work in progress". The best thing that has helped me is DO IT FOR YOURSELF!!!! I know this sounds selfish, but I've tried all the other ways, trust me. I started because a couple friends said they were going to do this and asked if I was in. As usual I said SURE. Well thankfully I realized finally that I was worth the effort. I started small, watching the calories, walks with my dog, you know the usual. Then I started going to the gym and trying different things (treadmill, elliptical, weight training class, spin class, etc), I get bored easily. The main thing I'm trying to say is find something you like and DON'T LET LIFE GET IN THE WAY, because it will ALWAYS find a way to. The other main tip is be reasonable and give yourself a break. I tell myself everyday that it didn't take me 2 months to get fat and I won't get rid of it that fast either. If you are going to change your life and not keep fighting this forever it has to be something you can do forever. It's a marathon NOT a sprint. Kinda longwinded I know, but hopefully it will help. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!!!
This discussion has been closed.