New to MFP!

Options
Hi everyone! I joined a few weeks ago and was using this site to record my daily food diary; little did I know that there was a whole community attached to it! I'm excited to have the opportunity to have support while I try to lose weight and it's been inspiring reading everyone's success stories and progress.

I'm Kate, I'm 22 and I just graduated from college on Saturday! I'm starting graduate school in the fall and I'm trying to get healthy and start caring about my appearance in honor of this new start. I've tried to lose weight so many times to no avail, but I feel like I have a fighting chance with all of the features on this site. I'm going to try my hardest to use it regularly! I've had food journals, tried diaries, worked out regularly, probably ongoing since I was about 12. Hopefully having all of those things in one place will encourage me to use them and stick with them.

I'm looking for friends and blogs to read so if you're interested, add me!

Replies

• Briannah
    Briannah Posts: 50
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :D
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You're in a great place newbie!
    Big congrats on the degree and grad school....that's really awesome, esp for someone so young!

Hope you give yourself the additional gift of health....check out every corner of this site....the folks here are awesome:happy:
  • AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on your degree!! I will receive mine in July. Unlike you, I dropped out on my first try and went to work for a few years before going back to finish it. Better late than never, though! Glad to see you here, it's an amazing community.
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I appreciate all the friend requests, it's nice to have updates on my little newsfeed about people's progress.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi km! Congrats on your new start on life, in all ways! I'm new here too - I'm going to shoot you an add. Best of luck :flowerforyou: