Don't dread the plateau......It's a blessing!

bethinagain
bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been losing weight since Jan. 4th at a great rate. Then all of a sudden, May comes around and I have been the same weight the entire month!!! I'm very strict with my daily intake of food, such as: veggies, fruit, chicken, fish, very low carbs, etc... I work out and still no weight loss for an entire month?!?!!!

Well there is one thing that I noticed and have also heard other people say........all my pants that I wore in the begining of this month are falling off of me! I haven't lost anything on the scale, but I have definately lost inches EVERYWHERE!!! All this month I have had people go out of their way to tell me how great I look and wanting to know how much weight I've lost. They've seen me the prior months when the weight was coming off but they all said that they see it the most this month.

I have no idea when the weight is going to start coming off again, but in the meantime, I'll have fun shopping for new clothes as these inches just keep falling off!:happy:

Replies

• hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    wow, that's great!! good for you. :)
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    yay :) good for you! Thanks for posting! :D You're doing so great :D
  • hannahlang85
    hannahlang85 Posts: 18 Member
    Awesome motivation!!! So happy for you too!!! :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    I'm guessing you're starting to get some muscles. I've heard it can take 5-6 months to start actually building muscle. Great job!!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Awwww...that was a great post! I also believe during your plateau your body is adjusting to the new weightloss. Just keep on keeping on and the scale will catch up! That is so nice that you are hearing compliments! Shop on girl...you deserve it! :flowerforyou:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    I'm guessing you're starting to get some muscles. I've heard it can take 5-6 months to start actually building muscle. Great job!!!

That's really interesting. Also, it seems like a lot of people hit a "plateu" around 5-6 months, interesting coincidence...I like the logic
This discussion has been closed.