What worked for me is probably the answer for you!

Options
NutritionBanner-590x200_zpsa8a4a1ea.jpg

The secret is Nutrition people! No magic pill, no low carb this and high carb that just quality food that holds real nutritional value for your bodies, minds and souls (and it tastes good who would have thought!) This is me sharing my new passion. I have struggled with my weight for pretty much my whole life and am a self diagnosed food addict. I finally realized I was a food addict when I found myself bargaining with myself in the chip isle, "if i eat these now I just won't eat dinner later" or in the jack in the box drive thru, "if I get the large fries I just wont have the bun on my burger" yikes! Then I watched a single movie that changed my life forever. The hungry for change documentary opened my eyes to the fact that we as a society are starving! but not from calories we are starving for nutrition, our bodies are begging for real whole foods and not all this crap we buy that's "healthy" because it's low carb or it's low fat (which pretty much means PROCESSED AND FULL OF ARTIFICAL INGREDIENTS).

people-are-overfed-but-also-starving-300x300_zpsbb59baf4.jpg
images_zpsbf9282ef.jpg

My main point is this, Today I pre-logged all my food for and it made me wonder why people say they are starving on 1200 calories because I am doing 1300 and I am able to enjoy a **** load of food. This is one of my main arguments for eating clean, whole foods.

Hungry-eating-healthy_zpsc8c07e5b.jpg

If you're meals are nutritious quality foods you shouldn't be hungry and if you are I would recommend taking a look at the quality of your food and not just the calories.

Really start feeding your body NUTRITION and not just Food... Make Today the day and you will see!!

stopdiets_zps922723bd.png

I really urge you to do research into the food you are eating and putting into your bodies. I know some will argue that cost is a factor and I am here to tell you with no shame that my family and I are currently on food stamps and we eat mostly whole foods, organic fruits and veggies, quality grains, seeds, legimens, beans and quality dairy foods. My husband still eats meat which for my own personal choices I chose to give up a month ago (I still eat fish) but I buy quality meat that is grass feed no hormones added. We invest so much of our lives and resources into so many minescule small things why wouldn't we do the same for what goes into our bodies?

Think about this...
247137_381393481969329_1154390148_n_zps73d58b4e.jpg

Once I made the choice to take control of my own health and my families it made the battle with weight and food in general so much easier. It may not be convienent but it's sure worth it!
Thanks for reading my post, I hope that it has awakened something in you to make the change for a better life!

One last thought, this quote made so much sense to me and helped shape my journey for the better,
427147_448481228508209_615831797_n_zps0b59d1ba.jpg

p.s. for those interested, here is what a day in the life of a clean (80% of the time) eater :)

*Meal One: Fresh Organic Blueberries - (144g), 0.25 cup, Breakfast Quinoa with grilled yams, 1 serving

*Meal Two: Fage - Total 0% Greek Yogurt Plain, 118.3 gm, Trader Joe's - Go Raw Trek Mix, 30 g (1/4 cup)

*Meal Three: Generic - White Tuna/Albacore Sashimi (Shiro Maguro), 3 oz., Ginger - Pickled, Gari, Sushi, 28 g ,Sushi Faq - Wasabi, 4 g,Kikkoman - Less Sodium Preservative Free Soy Sauce

*Meal Four: Sprouts Farmers Market - Organic Brown Egg, 2 egg, Simple Truth Organic - Baby Bella Mushrooms, 85 g, Trader Joe's - Whole Grain Dijon Mustard, 4 tsp

*Daily Drinks/Snacks- Trader Joe's Chia Seeds - Water+1TBS, 1 TBS, Trader Joe's - Green Tea, 1 bag, Coffeemate - Natural Bliss Vanilla Coffee Creamer, 2 tablespoon, Don Francisco's Gourmet Coffee - Hawaiian Blend, 6 oz, Iced Tea - Lipton Unsweetened Pure Leaf Iced Tea, 4 fl oz, Trader Joe's - Dry Roasted & Salted Almonds, 1/4 cup

*Daily Vitamins/Supplements- Spring Valley - Super B-Complex (Natural), 1 Tablet Daily with Meal, Nature Made - Multi Vitamin for Her With Iron & Calcium, 1 tablet, Solgar - Vegetarian Full Potency Herbs- Echinacea, 1 Vegetarian Capsule

-Thanks for reading, please know I am not saying that I have it all figured out I am just letting you know what has changed my life and my way of getting healthy and hoping that it will work for someone out there, I used to eat healthy choice meals, smart ones and all that processed crap until I started investing in myself and taking time to realize what I was really consuming

Hugz, Bri

Edited because some people may misunderstand the point of this post : I never said you cant have a candy bar, If you paid attention you would see that I eat 80% clean and enjoy treats 20% of the time which is why I eat candy, in n out and other yummie things every now and again. I am not being self righteous I am simply stating facts. The point of the post was to encourage food addicts such as myself to change the way they are thinking about food and to realize that a lot of the foods that we are putting into our bodies are not "healthy" as the food manufactures lead you to believe and that we can take control of our bodies and minds (which food addiction is as much a mind struggle as it is a physical one) but I understand that being closed minded and defensive is a common reaction for someone to have when they don't fully understand something.

*** TROLLS PLEASE! I never used unkind, angry or harsh tones in my original post I would accept the same with your comments/concerns. I am an open minded individual who can argue my opinion while still respecting others side of things and would appreciate the same. Sorry if you take offense to my post or the topic title, if you do I encourage you not to read it :tongue:

Replies