Sports Bra for Larger Bust Recommendation

Options
:blushing: I wear 34DD and am in need of a need GOOD sports bra for high impact activities. I have a (very) old Champion bra that worked great, although it did give me the uniboob appearance it really eliminated the bounce. I've tried a new Champion, Moving Comfort, and Title Nine without success. They're ok for the eliptical or bike but still provide too much 'give' for calisthenics or running.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Footballgirl83
    Options
    Lane Bryant has an amazing sports bra. I wear a 38G and it covers me well and holds down my friends. check out their site.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ltmaas
    ltmaas Posts: 10
    Options
    ENELL - the BEST!!!! Well worth the $50+. I buy a size smaller than they recommend - first time in my life I haven't had to wear two (or three) sports bras! Definitely go to the site (just google it) and watch how to put them on. You can also get them on amazon! Love it!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    http://www.wacoal-america.com/shop/wacoal-bras/sport/sport-underwire-bra_855170.html?index=2&searchCategoryId=10070&totalResults=3&displayMarkdownsOnly=false

ETA would think you'd be too small for Lane Bryant. And I try to stay away from horrifyingly high impact things even with the great bra.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has an amazing sports bra. I wear a 38G and it covers me well and holds down my friends. check out their site.

100% agree with her. Cacique sports bras ROCK....I am a 38H....so I definitely know my stuff about bras!!! lol...
  • cheliki
    cheliki Posts: 33
    Options
    I need to find a bra that doesn't cost to much but gives me maximum support.

I'm 40E (but it seems to be reducing at the moment.).
  • jcwaters2002
    jcwaters2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to go all in for a GOOD bra.. I like this one from UnderArmour: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/armour-bra . It has a regular hook bra clasp in the back so that you're not trying to wrestle the bra over your head. It's not cheap.. they are almost $60.. but worth it, IMHO.
  • MsMo4DE
    MsMo4DE Posts: 62
    Options
    I've tried many out there and found that Moving Comfort "FIONA" is designed for 'HIGH IMPACT'. I own about 6 different colors (I wear a 36 D). I've bought them all at amazon and ebay. go to their website for proper fit instructions and styles that work for you. I don't recommend the "Vixen", or you'll have a heck of a time getting it over your head and end up with a uniboob. totally uncomfortable. The "Fiona" has a back hook closure which is really nice. I ran a 5k and done plenty of jumping jacks/jump rope/chasing the dog etc and it's done well. the only other sports bra I kept hearing glowing reviews about (but couldn't afford) was Under Armour.
  • kristybahner
    kristybahner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know, I can't seem to find one that works well with high impact workouts.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ENELL - the BEST!!!! Well worth the $50+. I buy a size smaller than they recommend - first time in my life I haven't had to wear two (or three) sports bras! Definitely go to the site (just google it) and watch how to put them on. You can also get them on amazon! Love it!

Ditto. Well worth the money!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    well i'm a 36E, uk sizes.
    i swear by shock absorber.

shock-absorber-run-bra-purple%7CA251P_SP153_24_26F9Ve.jpg

the colours make me happy!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options

Ditto. Well worth the money!

Ditto again. I'm a 36H, and have always worn Enells. They are worth every single penny - I have one that is 7 years old, and has seen some serious work. I bet it has at least 2 more years in it, too! They aren't pretty, but you won't bounce. :smile:
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I saw some people mention under armor and in all honesty if you can afford those GO FOR IT. I swore by them while I was in the military and I'm a DD as well, no movement what so ever during any run wearing under armor sports bras. They're pricey but they last for a long time and they really REALLY work.
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options
    36GG when I started and Freya Active was the best health investment ever, aside from my running shoes.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm a 34D which is the size no one seems to carry. I know 32DD/34DD is also hard to find, so I really appreciate this thread. Thanks.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    I am a 36D and I wear a bra then a sports bra over that. For me, that works well. My boobs do not move at all when I am doing my running! But, I do like the website Heather recommended to you!
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I use the Goddess in a 38H but I've noticed some movement lately, not sure if that's due to a bad fit due to weight loss though.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber is my favorite. The running one.
  • maraq
    maraq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and I second Enell! Nothing moves with them on!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    36DDD over here. I love this site: http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/d+dd+cup+bras.do?nType=2 They're expensive, but worth it. I can finally run without knocking myself out. :laugh: