Sleep

Options
I am exercising 6 x a week in the evenings and getting around 7-8 hrs. of sleep but during the day I get so sleepy. I am a receptionist and sit behind a desk all day long so my job isn't very exciting but should I feel this sleepy all day?

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    No, but maybe just boredom?
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I can get tired when I'm bored. It's also difficult to sit all day and not get tired. Is there anyway you can get up and walk around a bit...get the blood pumping??? Not sure where you work, but maybe if you need to take a bathroom break you can take stairs to another floor???
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? I made the mistake of not eating them back, before I got used to the system, and was snoring at my desk by lunchtime most days! :embarassed:
  • ClaudiaSharon1
    ClaudiaSharon1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the idea of trying to squeeze in some walks throughout the work day. Or a nice, long walk outside at lunch. If you're still sleepy all day, I would suggest a blood-test. I was suffering from the same thing last Fall and discovered that I have an iron deficiency. I'm now on supplements until I get my levels up.
  • nnm1976
    nnm1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You could have low iron. Try taking a supplement. I sit behind a desk all day long as well and find it helpful to walk around once an hour. Even it that means walking to the bathroom or to get water. You could try to get to the gym during lunch as well. It's a great way to break up the day and re-energize yourself. Whatever you do avoid eating lunch at your desk. I find that staying at your desk all day will tire/ bore me...so I try to go out for at least an hour.
  • patsycortez67
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses, I have had my blood tested and I am not iron deficient but I think the suggestion to get up and move around more often might be the answer. I just need to schedule breaks so that I can do that. Thank you for your suggestions, I really appreciate the feedback!