Jiggly Fat

Options
Ok, so I have only lost 3 lbs. but instead of my stomach being fat and hard...(I always look like I was pregnant) Its now reallllly jiggly and loose... I think it looks a lot worse... whats going on?

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were bloated and the bloating is resolved.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Don't panic - we do not get to decide how our bodies take the weight off. It is mostly genetic.

You can and should add heavy lifting to your routine to help reshape your body as the weight comes off (and it also helps increase metabolism). Just be patient, eat right, and lift heavy things. You will be amazed.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Your skin hasn't caught up to your weight loss. Keep it up and it should adjust (except in some cases like pregnancy stretch and high obesity). Also, weight training can do wonders for this sort of thing.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    At your highest weight, your skin had stretched *just enough* to accomodate the fat. Now that you've lost some fat, the skin is still stretched out, so it's "loose," causing you to be more jiggly. It like when your pants get baggy after you've lost weight, only your skin will shrink back some and your pants won't.