I'm not going to lie- I've been on MFP for a while!

Options
milrenor
milrenor Posts: 6 Member
So I've been on MFP for a while, and have barely started to delve into the forums. I figured I should utilize this part of the site for more support! So here's a bit of who I am:

My name is Milissa, I'm 31 years old and recently married (April 20th!). I live in Clovis, California (by Fresno, CA). My husband and I have battled with weight problems our whole lives. I've always had a negative view of myself and my body because of bullying from both classmates and my mom. It's taken years to get over it, but I'm finally at the point that I can push that stuff behind me and move on. So here I am. I've been bouncing between 224 and about 270 since my mid-20s, and then in 2010 I hit my all time high, 284.8. Luckily, I haven't seen those numbers again, but last time I weighed myself (last week!) I was 269.6. Not good! So I'm on this site, going to be spending a good amount of time here and using other motivational tools to keep myself going to a positive lifestyle. My husband and I have talked about our plans to start trying to have our first child in about 2 years...and I'd rather have those positive lifestyle changes in full force by then (so my kids don't learn negative behaviors from me- because let's face it, we learn a lot of what we do from our parents)!

So a little about what I like to do and what not? Ok! I love photography, cooking (especially baking, argh!), tending to my herbs and vegetables, playing with our two cats and one dog, TV shows (like Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother, and Community), beading and general crafting, traveling (especially to Disneyland!)...and many other things!

I love swimming and water aerobics, but I got a plantar's wart a couple of months ago, so that kept me out of the pool at the gym (darn things are contagious!). I also love softball (if you're in Fresno/Clovis and want to start a softball team, let me know, I've been DYING to play!). I like walking and yoga, but I don't do yoga as much as I should. My husband and I recently bought an at home spin bike and elliptical, so I really have no excuse to not exercise!

Replies

• pickered
    pickered Posts: 36
    Options
    Good for you! You seem in a good and healthy mental state and I applaud you. Congrats on the marrage and the future plans.
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wedding!!! I log in everyday, feel free to add me :wink:
  • soumont
    soumont Posts: 21
    Options
    well way i see it you already have lost 10 + lbs from your heaviest so that is a big pat on the back. keep the good work up and anytime you need help this is a good forum to use.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage!

Sounds like you've made great mental strides. That really is a HUGE first step. That makes you Truly Ready. Very happy for you. I'd love to help motivate you if I can, feel free to add me

Thanks for sharing your story

Nancy