insomnia and vitamins....my research

Options
So I know that there has been many discussions here about vitamins being a waste of money/eat whole nutrient dense food....but here is what I discovered. FYI....I have not medical background (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)!:laugh:

I am working with my Dr. to have my levels check so the results should be interesting.

I suffer from SAD (seasonal affect disorder). :frown:
Over the past several years I have started taking vitamin D during the winter months. I started out with 400 and last fall I started taking it twice a day. During the beginning of April, I ran out and decided that I didn't need it anymore because spring was around the corner and SAD was done for the season.

I also ran out of my vitamin B complex shortly after that and decided that because I have started eating more whole raw veggies, I wouldn't need the extra.:tongue:

Mind you, I already take a high quality multi vitamin.

For the past three weeks my insomnia has progressively been getting worse. :yawn: :yawn: I wear a BodyMedia Fit armband which tracks my sleep and it is pretty accurate. During the beginning of the month of April, I was averaging 7-8 hours of sleep. During the middle of April I was averaging 6-7 hours of sleep. Now I am currently averaging 5-6 hour of sleep and it is really frustrating. Not only are my workouts suffering, but I have no energy to do simple house cleaning and I am crabby and short tempered all the time.

I was at the doctor's office today to get my allergy meds stocked for spring and discussed this with her. She took blood to see what my levels are at.

I will add to this post when I get the results. In the meantime, wishful sleeping.....:yawn: