my whight is 94
i am 192 h,,,,,

my first day jogining i got pain knee should keep joing

wat should i do to remove pain, and why i got pain

Replies

• Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I would consult a doctor. I'm no expert but I'm certain pain isn't good.
    Maybe stick to walking??
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You mean you had pain in your knee from Jogging? That is perfectly normal, =) Its because you just started and your body hasen't gotten used to it yet!

So start with walking slow, then when you are good at that, start walking fast...Then when you are good at that, start jogging and so on!

Hope i helped! ^_^
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You can ice your knees for 20 minutes. Just make sure you put a cloth over your knees so you don't put the bag of ice or the cold compress directly on your skin. (I just use a pillowcase).

Also, if you keep having this pain even after you rest, and ice your knees, you should see a doctor. It's better to find out what is wrong now, so you can prevent any injuries. (I ignored my pain, and I ended up needing physical therapy).
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You mean you had pain in your knee from Jogging? That is perfectly normal, =) Its because you just started and your body hasen't gotten used to it yet!

So start with walking slow, then when you are good at that, start walking fast...Then when you are good at that, start jogging and so on!

Hope i helped! ^_^

And if the pain exceeds, then its best to see a doctor, ^_^
  • Rev_Collins
    Rev_Collins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Give us a little more background. What have you been doing previously? How far did you jog? How fast were you jogging? What type of pain? How intense?
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It's probably just a matter of going through the initial aches and pains. I would definitely consider a strength training program to avoid future injuries, especially considering your weight.
  • GinnyWhites
    GinnyWhites Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Usually caused by the wrong shoes. You need to go to a running store like fleet feet, nike or runners (something) where they will assess your gait and shoe wear pattern. call ahead usually free. Once you know what type of shoe you need you can go to runnersworld .com to compare shoe types and prices. At your weigh and being new to running go for the extra padding and avoid trail runners till you get a feel for how much cushion you like. Good luck I love running it is my own escape from the world.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    hello wonderful peopl

my whight is 94
    i am 192 h,,,,,

my first day jogining i got pain knee should keep joing

wat should i do to remove pain, and why i got pain

I have always struggled with knee pain and it limited my ability to jog/run. But now that I do strength training, most specifically Squats, it is much better. Squats are very good for your hip flexor muscles and they strengthen your thigh/leg muscles very uniformly, so it does WONDERS for your knees. If you are not doing weight training, I recommend the Stronglifts 5x5 program (it has lots of squats): http://stronglifts.com/

Good luck to you!
  • saleh1988
    saleh1988 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ok dude , i used to go gym around 2 months ago , but since i was born i never joging more than 20 or 30 mint

this time i fouce on jogging whice last two months i wasl realxing , just watch tv and sitting day and night

but yesterday i was joging for 2.8 km and i walk 4 km when i went back i get pain in "cap knee" i wake up the pain reduced

and today i walk agan , and the pain still there
  • GinnyWhites
    GinnyWhites Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like runners knee. Check it out on runnersworld.com. But the; shoes, squats and lower legs lifts will help prevent it, also go slow on increasing your distance. After the fact ice and ibuprophin.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Running is very hard on the body, and when you first start out, everything hurts. I would wait a week to let any inflammation in the knee go down. Make sure you have decent shoes, but not everything is caused by the shoes etc, when we arent used running, it takes ages for the body to work out what its supposed to be doing.
    Do you suffer from knee pain in general? I do, and I just have to manage it. Also I bet you ran too fast, lots of people run like a bull out of a gate, which puts extra pressure on the parts that aren't used to that activity.
    Keep your pace slow... aim for distance, not speed. If after a few weeks, this pain is worse and unbearable, I'd definately get it checked out just to be on the safe side.
  • rose_gian
    rose_gian Posts: 43
    Options
    Join the running room. Or speak with a chiropractor, or another professional who knows about the human body. When you start running the pains show you where your body has problems that are not caused by running, but where already a problem.