Runners!!

Options
I need runner friends! I'm running my first 5k on June 1st so I'm a beginner, but most of my friends on here are not runners and I could really use some inspiration/support!! I must admit..I'm addicted to running now. I do it every day. I get up at 430am because I have 3 kids and its the only time I can find to run.

Add me please :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, we're almost the same person! I am also running my first 5K on June 1st, and I also get up at 4:30 to work out while my kids (I have 2 daughters, 12 & 4) are sleeping!
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am also running my first 5k on June 1st! :happy:
  • emilygray7165
    emilygray7165 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I try to run 2-3 miles every day, just started in the last month or two. Working up to doing a 10k run in October. :)
  • WeWillOvercome
    WeWillOvercome Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Super moms!!
  • stephanieogle35
    Options
    I've done a few 5K's - my next is May 18th. I try to run 3 times a week, but I'm an evening runner. I go once the kids are in bed, and I love it because after caring for my family all day long, it's just for me :)
  • WeWillOvercome
    Options
    I try to run 2-3 miles every day, just started in the last month or two. Working up to doing a 10k run in October. :)

Thats great! I hope to get to 10k eventually!
  • WeWillOvercome
    Options
    I've done a few 5K's - my next is May 18th. I try to run 3 times a week, but I'm an evening runner. I go once the kids are in bed, and I love it because after caring for my family all day long, it's just for me :)

Yes!! I love taking that time out just for me. It keeps me sane!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Seasoned runner here. Love running...live to run...my knees disagree with me constantly ...I always win though. I am doing a bunch of 5k's this year, along with a bunch of half marathons...shoot me an invite if you want...I have lots of tips and encouragement to share.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Started running Labor Day weekend 2012. I am by no means fast. I can comfortably run 5k in under 35 minutes. I am running a 5k in Disney World the first weekend of October. My goal is to do it in under 30 minutes. My husband wants to do the race with me. It is Disney after all. However, he has no interest in training. So we will see about my 30 minute goal. LOL
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Do all of you run straight through? Or do you have to walk some? I finished the C25K program on a treadmill and just started jogging outside. I run my first 5K tomorrow. Gulp!
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've started C25K this week, and I'm looking for runners too ! anyone can add me
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    LOVE running :) I love lifting too, but my first love is running, especially outside!

I get up every morning around 5:15am and workout, almost always includes a run (or sometimes a bike ride).
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
  • Rev_Collins
    Rev_Collins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You will make it to 10K a lot faster then you might think.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Started running almost 2 years ago just before turning 40. I workout before work, during lunch, after work. . .whenever I can fit it in. Just finished my 3rd half marathon on Sunday and laying the ground work to train for my first full marathon. Catch 5, 10 & 15k races locally when I can. Feel free to add me. Although my exercise will be fairly limited this week while I recuperate! LOL!!
  • Daveb1355
    Daveb1355 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was up at 4:30 this morning to get my run in too..... and my three kids were also sleeping!

I have been running a few years, and its been a good hobby. I am far from a pro, but its getting warm and I am getting serious with it again. If you want to add me, send me an invite.

Good luck with that 5K! They are a blast, and the running community is hugely supportive and inclusive. Have fun!
  • horseswinelife
    horseswinelife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im working up to my first 5K but have not set a date yet... I need to do that! I am running a couple times a week when work allows. I need to get the motivation up to get up as early as everybody else! Feel free to add me!
  • StEstlin
    StEstlin Posts: 4
    Options
    Halfway through training for my own 5k.
    Never was a runner before, even when I was still in "fighting" trim.

Love it now mostly thanks to the ARG app that is the Zombies, Run!
    https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

They have a 5k training program that I'd never get through without.

I've been running at night because I don't do morning alarms and being out when it's dark and no people or traffic are getting in your way is it's own reward.

I was a bit of a lump with no routine before and could barely run a 30sec at a time.
    Just finished up 6k in 50 minutes last night. So I know we can all get there.

But every time it gets tough just remind yourself. You can always quit tomorrow.
  • calannil
    calannil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started myfitnesspal on January 1, 2012 so overweight and out of shape. Pounds started coming off and April 2012, I began Couch to 5K. I ran my first 5K June 2012 and haven't stopped running since. Next weekend, I am doing my first half. I was never a runner, a exerciser, an anything... This app and all the support I get from ladies like you keep me doing it day in and day out. You can totally do a 5K. Hal Higdon (google him) offers many free training plans that get you going and keep you going. Running has become my therapy, my drug of choice, my punching bag... it's a great way to relieve stress, burn calories, and leave all that bothers you out on the pavement! Go get em' girls! You can do it!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just started running again. Doing couch 2 5K so I ease into it safely. You can all add me if you want! I'm running 3-4 days a week now.