Healthy Fast Food...

Options

Replies

• kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Panera. They now list calories on the menu board. You can get soup and sandwich for under 500 calories.
  • EpicPickle
    EpicPickle Posts: 35
    Options
    Wendy's has a pretty good grilled chicken wrap and apples for a side.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Now I REALLY want junk food! Anyone care to share a double cheeseburger and fries with me? How soon can you get to North London, England? :)
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chic-fil-A has an amazing oatmeal for breakfast

We don't have those where I live... Small Town USA Over Here... Thank You Though :-)
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    McDonalds grilled chicken southwest salad with the southwest dressing that comes with it...under 400 calories, very filling, and delicious!

I like it without the dressing, too. I just squirt the juice from the lime. Puts it right about 290 cal.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Well when you are In Fort Wayne or Indianapolis.
  • littlemissnotfit
    Options
    For those suggesting Wendy's chili, as yummy as it is... I recently had a bad experience with my chili. There was some sort of nasty bug in my small order of chili! A few bites into it and bam there it was in my spoon about to be eaten. I know this is probably an isolated incident but it really made me think how many bugs from a fast food joint, I've eaten without noticing. :sick:

Food for thought!

Side note I saw a funny meme that said getting salads from a fast food restaurant is like asking a prostitute for a hug... untrue but LOL it made me laugh :laugh:
  • nroth57
    nroth57 Posts: 21
    Options
    figure out your available fast food options and google their nutrition. Most fast food chains offer nutrition online and a lot of them offer "nutrition calculators". plan it out, figure out what you want before you go and order that without looking at the menu, or pretty pictures of the other less healthy options.

I travel for work and I plot out nearby healthy options from the hotel or on my road trip, etc. If I know I am going to hit a healthy food "desert" on a road trip, dude I pack a lunch.

Panera, Potbelly's and Chipotle all have some tasty options. But all of them can get out of hand real quick if you go in unprepared (you know a burrito bowl at Chipotle can get up to like 700 calories in the blink of an eye).
  • meghanmfitzgerald
    meghanmfitzgerald Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's Lettuce wraps (unwhich)
    ChickFilA salads or even the wraps if you don't mind the extra carbs
    Panera Bread
    Starbucks Egg White, Feta and spinach wraps and their fruit smoothies.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    They all have salads now... Just saying...

If I wanted a salad... I would make one.

:smile:
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    yesss chipotle mmmmmm...oh im sorry i was having a moment
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I don't get the obsession with Chipotle. I had it twice and thought it was meh. Give me Moe's any day!
  • Xzombabe
    Xzombabe Posts: 7
    Options
    I get six inch subs at subway with sweet onion dressing and LOADS of veggies with a glass of water. :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Agreed... Some of the salads are 600+ calories ... However, I just make my own salads I want something to satisfy my junk food fast food craving a salad isn't it. LoL

I'd suggest not worrying so much about the nutritional content of the specific food you're getting since the intent is to satisfy a food craving. Most fast food joints have nutritional info posted (if not on the menu then online), just go for one that's lighter on the calories, or half of one of the higher calorie ones, and fit it into your daily or weekly calorie goals.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    No. NO!

Healthy and fast food do not EVER belong on the same line.

If your going to do it wrong then my god do it right! :laugh:
  • bunnybandit
    Options
    if you want to be cheeky and you happen to have one near you... then Krispie Kreme doughnut 200 cal for original iced ring and 281 cals for the chocolate iced ring. Thats my treat
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    A McDonald's McDouble has fewer calories than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, not that it's actually good for you. Grilled chicken sandwiches are pretty safe.
  • netner
    netner Posts: 8
    Options
    How about Buffalo Wild Wings?
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We have to eat at least one meal out once a week for dinner because of my daughter's hectic softball schedule so we always go to Subway! I love how you can pre-plan what you eat before you go. If you go on their website you can "build" your sub and it will give you all the nutritional information. I usually get a 6 inch chicken breast sub for 350 total calories.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Taco truck tacos aren't terrible, if you don't eat too many of them.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/taco-truck

(these are the kind that come in a single soft corn tortilla)

Around here we also have Taco Time NW, which has a number of options under 400 calories. Definitely no relation to the authentic taco truck tacos, but good for the occasional fast food craving.

Carl's Jr offers any of their sandwiches low carb style (wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun) which cuts down substantially on the calories. You don't have to buy the huge $6 burger, you can also order a much smaller famous star or a grilled chicken sandwich that way.

Not healthy in any way, but Sonic has some hot dogs that won't set you back a whole day's calories. (Sodium is another matter.)