Waterlogged.....

Options
Hello, I am new on here and have a question about water consumption. I am trying to drink the 8 cups of water a day as the site suggests (I was drinking 0-1 before joining). The problem is, after 4, I feel so waterlogged I want to barf! Is this something to be expected?

Replies

• tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    Hello, I am new on here and have a question about water consumption. I am trying to drink the 8 cups of water a day as the site suggests (I was drinking 0-1 before joining). The problem is, after 4, I feel so waterlogged I want to barf! Is this something to be expected?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I think it is probably too much to go from 0-1 to 8 immediately!! Spread them out throughout the day - and maybe try to add 1 cup a day until you get up to 8 and are drinking 8 oz every couple of hours or so. Hope this helps!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It takes awhile to get used to drinking all that water, but you'll feel those fat cells getting flushed out. :bigsmile:

Just make sure you double your tp budget. :laugh:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i also count decaf tea and carbonated mineral water. i couldn't drink that much still water either...
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    I found if I drink it through a straw I didn't feel so bloated. I keep it in a 32 oz thermal cup and sip away at it slowly. You definitely have to spread it over longer time periods.

Keep working at it! :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Also, be sure to measure the amount you are drinking. When I first started, I was waterlogged, too. Then I realized that I was actually drinking eight 16oz glasses. When I cut it down to four, it was a lot more manageable. A "glass" of water is only 8 oz. GL! :flowerforyou: