anyone consistently losing 2 lbs a week

Options
looking back at my history (starting in January,) each month Im losing less.

January. - 8 lbs
February -7 lbs
March -6 lbs
April -5 lbs

Im happy because Im still losing, but Im working out harder and eatting. better.

I want to consistently lose 2 lbs a week. so what am I doing wrong?

I eat 1400 calories per day. One day a week i eat at my maintenance.
I do Kickboxing (sparring) 2 hrs a week. And walk 3 - 6 miles 7 days a week in addition to work and chasing my son around.

Replies

• Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What is the tape measure telling you?
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You have to remember the less you weigh the less calories your body needs. So If you want to continue to lose that 2lbs a week I would suggest trying to fit in more exercise rather than less food.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I have been told the more you loose the less it comes off..Meaning you loose faster in the beginning then it slows down some.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My scale says I've lost about 10 pounds, but I've lost two full dress sizes, so what the scale says isn't the best indicator.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    At your size it would be pretty hard to lose 2 lbs a week. Possibly impossible if you want to do it in a healthy way. Typically the smaller you are the less you lose at a time.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options

Down 7 inches since April 1. 3 off my waist, but none off my thighs.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker you only have 12lbs left to lose. Trying to lose 2lbs each week, especially with so little left to lose will result in a lot of that weekly loss being muscle.

The smaller you are the slower it comes off and the smaller deficit you should have. With what you have left to lose you should be aiming for 0.5lbs per week.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker you only have 12lbs left to lose. Trying to lose 2lbs each week, especially with so little left to lose will result in a lot of that weekly loss being muscle.

The smaller you are the slower it comes off and the smaller deficit you should have. With what you have left to lose you should be aiming for 0.5lbs per week.

Excellent advice.
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The idea of losing 2lbs a week is intended for obese individuals with a lot of weight to lose. The closer you get to your goal weight, the slower you will lose weight. For you, a goal of 2lbs a week is unrealistic. You need to readjust your goals to .5 or 1lb a week for now. If you continue trying to lose 2lbs a week, you'll lose a lot of muscle and essentially fat loss will stop completely.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

Excellent advice.
    Exactly what I was going to say.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Especially as you get closer to your goal, it will be harder to lose.

But on the bright side, you're closer to your goal!
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    The idea of losing 2lbs a week is intended for obese individuals with a lot of weight to lose. The closer you get to your goal weight, the slower you will lose weight. For you, a goal of 2lbs a week is unrealistic. You need to readjust your goals to .5 or 1lb a week for now. If you continue trying to lose 2lbs a week, you'll lose a lot of muscle and essentially fat loss will stop completely.

I hear what you're saying but 12 weeks is so far away.

According to my bi i should weigh under 154, Im not small. I could lose another 30 lbs and still be in a "healthy " range.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race!! :bigsmile:
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I hear what you're saying but 12 weeks is so far away.

According to my bi i should weigh under 154, Im not small. I could lose another 30 lbs and still be in a "healthy " range.

Would you rather lose 12lbs in a month and a half but most of that be water and muscle leaving you "skinny fat" and weaker? Or lose 12lbs in four months but those 12lbs are 90% fat?

Losing 2lbs a week is really only safe for those who have over 75lbs to lose.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You don't have nearly enough left to lose to be losing 2 lbs a week. Heck I have more than 70 left and that's not even enough to healthily lose 2 a week.

remember.. realistic goals.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Down 7 inches since April 1. 3 off my waist, but none off my thighs.

Success !!
  • ShelbyNicole08
    Options
    I say change it up! :) your body could be in a routine of excercise and may be used to it. Try different excercises that challenge your body in different ways. I am no expert though.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Ehhhhhhh that seems pretty normal. The more weight you have to lose, the faster it will come off at the star.t

Once you get it down.. it becomes much harder to lose weight.

It literally takes me a month to lose a pound or 2 now.. When 8 months ago, i was losing 10 pounds per month.

Don't worry about it too much - if you're making ANY progress, thats awesome.

Make sure you are re-adjusting your numbers as you lose weight though right... Less overall weight, means less TDEE/BMR.. means you need less calories if you're trying to eat at a caloric deficit !:)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I say change it up! :) your body could be in a routine of excercise and may be used to it. Try different excercises that challenge your body in different ways. I am no expert though.

This, and make sure you're eating enough! Also, as others have said, 2lb a week at your size is too much. Don't be in such a rush you make yourself unhealthy...
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Losing 1 lbs is a good rate don't sweat it just start sweating