Post body pump burn!

Helly86
Helly86 Posts: 41 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Heya,
just wanted a bit of advice.
I went to body pump yesterday and now I ache everywhere!! I feel bad that I can't exercise now and would like to do some form of exercise that won't cause damage! Is it better to rest for a day or will pilates or swimming help my aching body?
Thanks
Helen
xXx

Replies

• Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Any kind of cardio will help with the soreness - walking or swimming would be great. And afterwards is a great time to stretch to further help with the pain.
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Apparently you should rest your muscles for a day after a workout but considering Jillian's 30 Day Shred reeeeally works the muscles and is meant to be done every day with no days rest, I suggest taking it easy with some swimming or other light exercise like walking or whatever.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    you should never workout the same muscles 2 days in a row, which means u shudnt be doing any weight training the day aftet body pump! any cardio is good, and i would say abs can be done too because body pump doesnt have enuff abs in it in my opinion. i am a personal trainer at a gym that offers body pump and its a great class, just screws with people workout schedules, (like mine) since i like to lift everyday, so i switch muscle groups each day... good luck!! hope the soreness settles :)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    You can do any activity that you can tolerate. Once the damage is done, there's not much you can do about it except ride it out, but doing additional mild to medium cardio, stretching, or even strength training on top of it will not make it any worse (won't make it any better, either). There is no point in "waiting it out" -- that won't speed up the "healing" process either.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Swimming and Yoga are great for sore muscles. Pilates maybe not so much lol.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    working the same muscles days in a row can cause over training, which actually can cause u to lose muscle....not a good look
This discussion has been closed.