swelling and bloats

Options
I have found it's hard for me to weigh and get the correct number. I swell very badly in my legs and ankles, and sometimes even wake up that way. I have autoimmune diseases, so unfortunately that goes along with it.

What are some good foods that are diuretics? Or good for inflamation?
What about bad ones? I'm tired of my legs looking like tree trunks and my belly being bloated up like a helium balloon!! :sad:

Replies

• Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Eat fruits and veggies and avoid carbs, especially refined carbs. Eat whole grains in moderation, less than 2 servings a day.
  • Pnutcashew
    Pnutcashew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Parsley is great for bloating. I take it and some garlic and olive oil and make a pesto. I spread it on a piece of whole grain toast. You can also just eat it raw or add it and some lemon to water, let it blend overnight, strain, then drink in the am for bloat.
  • smarina79
    smarina79 Posts: 15
    Options
    The more I drink water the less bloated I am! 12-16 glasses a day.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, green tea. Avoid dairy or refined sugars in excess.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've heard that green tea is good for this. Any kind of green tea? Like from a grocery store?
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Eat fruits and veggies and avoid carbs, especially refined carbs. Eat whole grains in moderation, less than 2 servings a day.

Yep this. I would add a general lower carb diet that is under 100 carbs a day will reduce bloat, also make sure to eat your lean tissue weight in protein grams per day. Also you may want to do an elimination diet to see what foods make you bloat. It is often a food intolerance issue.

I have thyroid issues, which is an autoimmune issue. I have trouble with bloating as well. I found exercise, low carb diet, and intermittent fasting has blasted my bloat away. I can finally see my ankles and wrists.
  • celinarae94
    celinarae94 Posts: 131
    Options
    tea tea tea! (without milk or creamer)
    Watch out for too much gluten.
    Watery fruits & veggies are great (like watermelon and celery)
    I find that having a banana will help. The potassium does damage control on some excess sodium in your body and can get rid of bloating esp in the belly.