Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for new fitness pals especially those with PCOS

LisaJayne71
LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there, I've just downloaded the application for my i-phone and am using it online too.
I'm really keen to make some new friends on here so we can encourage each other and trade ideas, especially those of you who have PCOS! You know how frustrating this disease is and hard it is to lose weight when you have it!!
I'm a 38 yr old English woman but I live in the Middle East (Bahrain) at the moment and have lived here for 18 months.

I feel like my weight is getting out of control and I am hoping that tracking it on here and with the help and support of new friends will help.
I have had PCOS since I was 15 yrs old but was not diagnosed until I was 30... years of being told by GP's that there was nothing wrong with me even though I was complaining of all the classic symptoms of PCOS until a beautician told me I had what sounded like PCOS... I'm sure it's a familiar story to many!
I've spent the last 23 yrs battling with my weight and I feel like I'm starting to lose the battle just that bit too much at the moment, which is why I am here!

Look forwards to making some great friends here and supporting each other!

Lisa

Replies

• ashleywilson
    ashleywilson Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, and welcome! Though I don't have PCOS, at least I don't think I do, it runs heavily in my family, and I have a few friends with the disease also.
    It's been almost a month since I've started my weightloss journey, only mine is a bit of the opposite of yours. I just had my 3rd child in September 2009, and realized that for the first time I was over 200 lbs. While it was when I delivered my son, it was a tough thing to grasp. I hope you can jump right on in, and MFP will help you like it has me and many others! :)
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    Hey - check out our thread "Pregnancy 2010 - May" (just search for it). It's a group of us who are TTC, losing weight before TTC, and who are pregnant. There are a few ladies there with PCOS - lots support there!

Welcome to MFP!
  • angie8977
    angie8977 Posts: 2
    Hi, I also have PCOS, I was diagnosed with it after my son was born. I had been pretty thin up until I got pregnant with him, then after I had had the weight on for a couple of years, I developed PCOS (that has been about 7 years ago). I lost the weight when my son was 5, and lo and behold all of the symptoms went away and I got pregnant with my daughter. Well, she is now 3 and I still haven't lost the weight from her (back to square one) and I know its back again with my irregular periods and pains in my ovaries. I'm not as overweight as many women are who have it, my dr. was kind of surprised that I had developed it, but apparently my body doesn't take to having any extra weight. Which isn't good either since diabetes also runs very strong in my family. Not only do I want to lose the weight so I feel better but also for my kids!
This discussion has been closed.