WTH???

Options
I'm three days into my re-commitment of eating good and working out, and my husband just walks in the door with a peanut buster parfait.....and says, "this is for you".

WTH?????

I took one little bite and then put the whole thing in the freezer and told him he can eat it tomorrow.

Glad I can come here for REAL support!

Replies

• Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If he isnt heavy or prone to weight gain, he probably doesn't get it
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You're only 3 days in. He probably hasn't had much of a chance to notice a change in your eating habits.
    He was just trying to treat you.
    You need to talk to him about your new lifestyle if you expect support from him. If he continues, keep reminding him that you're trying not to eat that way anymore. Sometimes it takes time for them to get it.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I feel you! My boyfriend works late nights, and on his way home he'll text me all "I'm going to Taco Bell, you want anything?" "No Thanks" "Are you sure" "Yes I'm sure". Gets home... "I got you a quesadilla just in case". Doh!
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    Kudos to you for having the willpower to just take one bite. Have you tried discussing with him the new change in you? if he understand you're end goal, maybe he'll be less likely to bring you goodies.

But I still say great job on that strong will power!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    First good for you for keeping your strength not to eat it. Second..I am (was) with you...

A month into mine..my husband came home with the family size twizzlers (my all time fave candy) and throws it in my lap. I refused...then he opens it (have you ever opened a bag of them OMG!!!!!!) I still refuse.
    He waves one in my face...have just one it won't kill you...Seriously?!?!

I took it from him...then threw it at him LOL ;)
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    so he give you a treat, probably just being nice, and your complaining about it?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Being fit and healthy isn't about restricting.
    It's about a calorie deficit, if you're trying to lose weight.

I eat fast food ALL the time and I still lose weight.

Just today I had pizza and a gyro. Granted, I also eat lots of veggies, fruits and whole grains as well.
    But there is NOTHING I have cut out of my diet.

If you work hard you can play hard.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    You will never accomplish what you're setting out to do, if you can't learn to deal with temptations.

That said, the key is moderation. When you figure that out, you will succeed.

Your husband did a nice thing for you...
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    You will never accomplish what you're setting out to do, if you can't learn to deal with temptations.

yes he did.

did you have any calories left for the day? maybe eat half or what have you and log it if you want it.
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - I'm proud of myself for the willpower I had to only eat the one bite!

I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was complaining about what he did. I was just typing in the heat of the moment.
    He is supportive of me, but I do need to remind him that my treats need to be kept to a minimum. Now, if he would've brought me a baby blizzard instead of a HUGE peanut buster parfait, I probably would've destroyed it!!!

I know he was being nice.....just thought it was a little too nice for what I'm trying to do.

I think I will suggest that next time he wants to give me a treat...that he give me food rub or a back massage. Lord knows I could use either right now for my sore muscles!!

But seriously, I did mean what I said about the support on MFP. Everyone here has been great!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people are nice and think of me. He clearly doesn't respect you.

Consult a divorce attorney ASAP! Next thing you know it'll.be mozzarella sticks or...S.e.x.
  • DanaLynnMN
    Options

I do know that moderation is key, and I think I did a pretty good job at dealing with the temptation he brought home.
    I knew I didn't have anywhere near enough calories left over to enjoy that dessert.

I know he did a nice thing for me...I just need to remind him that smaller treats are better....and to ask me how I'm doing on my calories for the day before he goes and get's me something. I'm not upset with him - just need to remind him of my goals.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - I'm proud of myself for the willpower I had to only eat the one bite!

I didn't mean for my post to sound like I was complaining about what he did. I was just typing in the heat of the moment.
    He is supportive of me, but I do need to remind him that my treats need to be kept to a minimum. Now, if he would've brought me a baby blizzard instead of a HUGE peanut buster parfait, I probably would've destroyed it!!!

I know he was being nice.....just thought it was a little too nice for what I'm trying to do.

I think I will suggest that next time he wants to give me a treat...that he give me food rub or a back massage. Lord knows I could use either right now for my sore muscles!!

But seriously, I did mean what I said about the support on MFP. Everyone here has been great!!

Freudian slip?
  • DanaLynnMN
    Options
    I hate it when people are nice and think of me. He clearly doesn't respect you.

Consult a divorce attorney ASAP! Next thing you know it'll.be mozzarella sticks or...S.e.x.

LOL, I don't think I need to go to that extreme.

Maybe I'll tell him instead of buying me a dessert....try being my dessert. (OMG, I can't believe I just said that!! :blushing: )
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

If you're having trouble with willpower, then having treats that are not food is a good idea for the beginning.
    But continue to still incorporate indulgences once in a while. This is for life. And it's not like you're never going to eat ice cream again. lol
    But we all make the mistake of restricting ourselves at first....and that's just a set up for failure.
    I succeeded once I realized I could have those things, which I previously thought were forbidden, and still lose weight.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    If I had a husband, and he brought me icecream, he'd probably get laid that night.
  • DanaLynnMN
    Options

Freudian slip?

OMG....that is too funny!!!!
    I meant FOOT rub!!

good catch!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    HE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan going forward.

maybe pick a day where you can fit in a treat and suggest that it be small, and something you can log.

the non food suggestions are great too.