Slight confusion...

emmaldownie
emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I went to my docs to be weighed recently and the number was *51k which apparently equates to **.7 stones. (Sorry for the stars, I'm just not that comfortable saying my weight to everyone quite yet).

My original weight was *55k which is **.4 stones, giving a total loss according to my docs of 11lb, however my tracker only says 7... Where have a I gone wrong with my figures????

Replies

• kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Are you using the site through your IPhone? I have noticed people saying numbers are not updating properly from the Iphone app...
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    You haven't gone wrong - different scale = different weight. I only track on one scale - the one in my bathroom. It's certainly not the most accurate scale, but weight loss is a relative thing, so if you keep your weigh-in environment the same, all that matters is that the number is going down. Just ignore the weights you get on other scales.

Plus, you may have weighed at a different time of day, which can make a difference. I'm a small person, and my weight can fluctuate even 4-5 lbs from day to night. That's almost 5% of my total weight gained in a day! But it's (usually) gone the next morning again.
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Different units maybe? If you're measuring in grams and tracking in pounds. Are you in the U.S.?
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Nope I'm in the UK and I always weigh in pounds and stone as its easier for me as there are 14lb in 1 stone...!

However the Doctors scales are in Kilos, and she converted them and I did think maybe she had it wrong but I've converted them again myself and it appears to be right, Im guessing my scales at home are a little off! Still I'll keep them as they are and go from them even though I'd rather see 11lb than 7....

Never mind!
This discussion has been closed.