Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for low carb, low cal recipes for someone w/ PCOS

LisaJayne71
LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Hi,

Does anyone have any good low carb and low cal, low fat recipes or know of any websites that have great recipes?

I have PCOS so have to eat a low carb diet, but just to make it even more fun, it has to be low fat and low calorie too!! Yay! :grumble:

Replies

• Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    The following is a diebetic website. But, you can chose how to sort the receipes, by low carb, low cal or how you want it. I have found several receipes very helpful, and tasty. Tying the Almond Cookies for camping this weekend. Hope it helps!

http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Airy-Almond-Cookies/r8149.html
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    This site probably has some good stuff, I just have not had time to find everything - http://www.soulcysters.com/weight_loss.html

You might look for a book - The Insulin Resistance Diet, the South Beach Diet has some recipes I have used too.

Yes, I have PCOS, and anything from an eating like a diebetic standpoint works well!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I have PCOS also. Thanks for the post...I can always use new recipes.

Thanks Melanie, for the website. The cookie recipe sounds really good. I am definitely going to try them.

Have a blessed day!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    what is PCOS? at the risk of sounding really ignorant, i have no idea what that is.
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    what is PCOS? at the risk of sounding really ignorant, i have no idea what that is.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the info.... I'll have a look at the recipes and see if I can find something there that looks tasty..
    I've heard of soulcysters before but forgot about it so will have to have another look

Melanie, Hope your cookies turn out well!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Save for later.
  • bamm85
    bamm85 Posts: 1
    Hi! I was just diagnosed with PCOS and I have gained 12 lbs in the past 4 months. I am starting to pay more attention to what I eat because I feel like I could keep gaining weight unless I do something about it.
    What diet are you following exactly? I am pretty lost and don't really know where to start. Any tips would be of great help! Thank you! :)
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Hello There,

The PCOS Diet by Collette Harris. I bought my copy about 8 years ago but it is still available on Amazon.

It has some recipes and also gives helpful principles for eating to help PCOS and info on nutrients to help different symptoms. I think it is very similar to diabetes diet support advice.

I'll be back to see what other helpful things others recommend!!

Gail
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Hello There,

The PCOS Diet by Collette Harris. I bought my copy about 8 years ago but it is still available on Amazon.

It has some recipes and also gives helpful principles for eating to help PCOS and info on nutrients to help different symptoms. I think it is very similar to diabetes diet support advice.

I'll be back to see what other helpful things others recommend!!

Gail

I also have this book and have found it quite helpful. Looking forward to trying new recipes myself. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.