Gluten free menu

Options
2»

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    without being able to see your diary it is hard to make suggestions...not knowing what you are already doing, or what your calorie needs are and all.

that said, quinoa, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, nuts, seeds, millet, buckwheat, grits (or polenta if you care to be fancy and pay more), montina, avocados, amaranth, beef, pork, cheese, coconut oil, dried or fresh fruits, bananas in particular!, eggs.

i do not have any gluten intolerance but i like my food to have nutritional value so i don't eat much in the way of pasta or bread so i am mostly gluten free. also, if you avoid packaged foods you won't have to worry about accidentally eating gluten or feel like you are taking a test every time you pick up a box! i used to eat sandwiches for lunches sometimes but i have a rather severe flax allergy and have just gotten tired of reading the tiny print list of ingredients on the label of the bread so i gave it up.
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    I have Celiac's disease and unfortunately have no problem getting enough calories. Candy bars may not be the healthiest but they have plenty of calories. Reese's have a decent amount of protein as well.
  • medicamina
    medicamina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all for your amazing help and input! While I do want to lose weight, I know that going gluten free is step #1 in creating a healthy lifestyle for myself. However, I do crossfit, so workout pretty hard and lift a lot of weights, and I was worried that by not consuming gluten products, I was eating too few calories.

I've started tracking, and I can definitely see that by adding more protein and gluten -free carbs (potatoes, rice, cheese, etc) it can add up much better! I don't generally like to eat processed food, so I'll play around with increasing my protein and see how that works!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten-free AND low-carb, so I avoid all grains. Almond flour, coconut flour and flax meal are all pretty calorically dense.
  • medicamina
    Options
    I would prefer to be under on my calories than to eat something with gluten and be sick! Good luck...

Agreed! I would too. It makes my tummy hurt too much otherwise!
  • medicamina
    Options
    Feel free to follow me, I eat GF. Also, check out my blog, theshehulkchef.tumblr.com; I post gluten free recipes 1-2 times a week :)

I'm mildly stalking your blog now!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to follow me, I eat GF. Also, check out my blog, theshehulkchef.tumblr.com; I post gluten free recipes 1-2 times a week :)

I'm mildly stalking your blog now!

Yaaaay!!!! Haha that makes me happy :)