Couch to 5k + ?

Options
I just finished Week 4 Day 3 of Couch To 5k. I was looking for workouts to on my off days. I was thinking about Insanity, but I am not ready for the full plan. Could I do the fitness test for like two weeks every other day to prepare for it. If I do that would I see any kind of results?

Replies

• yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'd say any additional exercise you feel reasonably comfortable doing can only be a good thing - you don't want it too easy butat the same time, too hard too fast can have the opposite effect.
    I've been picking and choosing a bit while I find a routine that works for me - 30DS & C25K with a few extra strength moves works at the moment, when I feel ready I'll move on.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 4 Day 3 of Couch To 5k. I was looking for workouts to on my off days. I was thinking about Insanity, but I am not ready for the full plan. Could I do the fitness test for like two weeks every other day to prepare for it. If I do that would I see any kind of results?

no, the fit test is just that, a test, not a workout.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Lift!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Strength training. I did P90X and C25K at the same time and it worked out pretty well. I just substituted running for the non-strength P90X stuff (plyo, yoga, kenpo).
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    go lift.

or do insanity. just when it gets tough, pause it and catch your breath. then restart.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5x5 Stronglifts is a great quick, effective strength training program that you could add to your non-running days. I'm loving it!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of the C25k as well. I decided to try HIIT and did a beginners workout on the off day. Bad mistake. My arms and legs hurt so bad that night and the next day there was no way I was going to make it through 16min of running!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Definitely some resistance training. If you want cardio to cross train, try spinning, but I'd definitely suggest getting in some good strength training.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Non weight bearing cardio....like cycling, swimming or rowing.
  • MachineSearch
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.