negative calorie adjustment. Jawbone UP

Options
I just got a Jawbone Up yesterday and synced it with MFP. I chose to click the negative calorie adjustment on the settings. According to the UP adjustment, I only have negative 140 in calories.... According to MFP I burned over 450. I know I burned more than 140. I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, booked it hard on the elliptical and went on a 50 minute walk.... plus just normal day-to-day stuff that I didn't include on MFP like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping... I'm wobbly and tired... if I just burned a little over 100 calories, I give up.

Am I doing something wrong? HELP! I want to learn how to use this!

Replies

• Lesah0808
    Lesah0808 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hey! I just chose to not allow the negative adjusted to reflect in MFP. I still see a lower adjustment on MFP based on UP but UP's calorie burn is extremely low compared to MFP even after calibration. You can do that by going to Setting, Diary Settings, & unclicking the Negative Adjustemtn Button. I'm still having a hard time trying to calculate how Up and MFP come up with my daily calorie burn projection??? I hope this helps!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The jawbone and fitbits and all of those things won't be accurate unless you're running or walking as exercise. As an example, if you go for a bike ride, it might not even register your activity, same with lifting weights or the elliptical if you aren't moving your arms enough.