A sincere apology

Replies

• PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    You needed support on a non- weight related question... this is "motivation and support" which means that everyone is here to support and motivate or share personal stories to relate. I know that you were so scared, you needed help right away and if this is the only place that you have to get support, no one minds.

I don't know why you would find her asking a sex related question, "offensive". We are all adults and if you can't understand that sex happens and when that happens, someone who believes they are pregnant need help to figure it out.

I am sorry if people were mean to you last night- if you EVER have a private question and now feel like you cant post on the public boards, I am only a message away and I would be happy to give you support.....since that's what we are all here for.

Good luck with everything!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Hey you were panicking...any person in your situation would have done the same.It wasnt offensive at all..but yea if you actually did finger some guy's pp that would be offensive!!:bigsmile:

By the way hope you started reading and educating yourself :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I think it was an important illustration in the argument against grown adults taking such offence in a perfectly normal, everyday activity that they withhold the education of others that need it.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    I still don't understand what was happening. The post was worded weirdly. What the heck were they doing to eachother?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Hey you were panicking...any person in your situation would have done the same.It wasnt offensive at all..but yea if you actually did finger some guy's pp that would be offensive!!:bigsmile:

Hey don't knock it till you try it.. I'm going to try. Not sure it'll work but why not? .. she just worded it wrongly. Chill. I'm still going to try though.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member

Hey don't knock it till you try it.. I'm going to try. Not sure it'll work but why not? .. she just worded it wrongly. Chill. I'm still going to try though.

36818959.jpg
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member

tumblr_m2rh5eGqRc1rp69vuo1_400.gif
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Yesterday I made a post on here that had offensive adult content and possibly violated forum rules. While I generally give all my posts some forethought, I had posted in panic yesterday and managed to garner the wrath of most people.

I sincerely apologize to all MFP members here. I have made a terrible mistake and I hope you could forgive me. I am working towards a cleaner lifestyle just like the rest of you and would like to be part of a support group that shares my goals.

Sorry again.

I don't think most of those were offended as much as they were concerned about your lack of knowledge about sexual matters and the wording you used made it sound as if you were forced into a sexual act. I don't think that deserves an apology, but more that you need to advocate for yourself with your bf, and learn about your reproductive system.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    i was not offended by your post.

I *WAS* OUTRAGED BY THE TROLLS WHO MADE FUN OF IT, though... :explode:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Anyone else trying to figure out what this is about?
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THE OFFENSIVE STUFF?!?!?! That's my favorite!!!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    I wasnt offended....just confused by the wording of the post. No need to apologize.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    I wasn't offended. I think I will be okay, but thanks for worrying :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    You needed support on a non- weight related question... this is "motivation and support" which means that everyone is here to support and motivate or share personal stories to relate. I know that you were so scared, you needed help right away and if this is the only place that you have to get support, no one minds.

I don't know why you would find her asking a sex related question, "offensive". We are all adults and if you can't understand that sex happens and when that happens, someone who believes they are pregnant need help to figure it out.

I am sorry if people were mean to you last night- if you EVER have a private question and now feel like you cant post on the public boards, I am only a message away and I would be happy to give you support.....since that's what we are all here for.

Good luck with everything!

I didn't see your post, but I agree with Paige's post above. PM me if you need a friend. :smile:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    I wish that I had seen it so I could be offended.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I didn't find it offensive

Some did.

That's their problem, not yours. It's a site for adults and adults should be able to read topics for adults. You had a question and got your question answered. That's what the forums are for.

Absolutely this. I didn't see the post, but I heard about it, and I would not have been offended. I hope you're feeling better about the situation now.
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    This is a place people come together and support each other. Unfortunately for me, a lot of my weight that i put on was due to stress eating. I'm glad to know that there are people out there I can talk to and get sound advice from. Some may think that these discussions are better talked about at other places, but for me these personal problems and my weight loss progress goes hand in hand, so I am glad to know that I could come here and get help. Not offended at all!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Not hurt here. I'm only sad for the guy who got his junk fingered......That sounds really painful.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I think it was an important illustration in the argument against grown adults taking such offence in a perfectly normal, everyday activity that they withhold the education of others that need it.

I agree!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I didn't find it offensive at all.

In fact I wish you'd post more often.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    If anyone actually PMd you nasty things they ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. You said nothing offensive, you asked for help, it was genuine, don't pay attention to those kind of people. x
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    I thought it was funny. If you have any more problems like that in future, do let us know. We're all ears and penises.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    I can't really put my finger on the reason why you're apologizing.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Yesterday I made a post on here that had offensive adult content and possibly violated forum rules. While I generally give all my posts some forethought, I had posted in panic yesterday and managed to garner the wrath of most people.

I sincerely apologize to all MFP members here. I have made a terrible mistake and I hope you could forgive me. I am working towards a cleaner lifestyle just like the rest of you and would like to be part of a support group that shares my goals.

Sorry again.

+1 for being sincere :smile:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Don't feel bad. Yesterday I got scolded for saying something someone took as being sexually explicit.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member

I see what you did there.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Some people live to be offended!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

I see what you did there.
    Shh. Don't draw attention to it. Then it's not an inside thing anymore.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    You don't need to apologize. I agree with those concerned about you saying he made you. (I also think you may want to not to use your own use picture as your profile picture if you are going to ever post intimate questions, just for your own privacy. Google caches posts.)
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Lay down.

Try not to cry.

Cry a lot.