Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight gain

Annadel
Annadel Posts: 146 Member
I had to change my fitness routine to accommodate my new job.am so sad that I have gained 3-4 lbs in a month. My diet is in control just that I lost all muscle. Am sad and keep kicking myself for not going to gym. I just have no time :( with this new job,

Anything to cheer me?? I really dont want weight creeping back..

Replies

• oxylift
    oxylift Posts: 2
    Hey! That's totally understandable. But for me, I always used to put everything before my health/weight. I'd make excuses like to constantly avoid going to the gym, and I'd let sabotaging thoughts come in the way. I had to actually sit down and have a good think about what my priorities were, and how important it was for me to lose/maintain weight. It really is a mind over matter sort of thing. I would start by working on some organisational skills, so for example, you've started a new job; make a written plan (of times) and what you want to do for the day, include foods/snacks which you will eat. Make sure that you leave room for flexibility etc. I find that if you write things down and see them, they start to feel more achievable.

Weight will not creep back in, if you stop it! This is just a small set back for you, 3-4 lbs is better than 20 lbs, and at least you have recognised now that you need to do something about. You can do it! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I had to change my fitness routine to accommodate my new job.am so sad that I have gained 3-4 lbs in a month. My diet is in control just that I lost all muscle. Am sad and keep kicking myself for not going to gym. I just have no time :( with this new job,

if you're eating the same, and say you have LOST muscle, how have you GAINED weight?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member

if you're eating the same, and say you have LOST muscle, how have you GAINED weight?

This ^^
  • Ipalavra
    Ipalavra Posts: 32
    If you can't go to the gym, find bodyweight exercises.

Do this quick routine upon waking, bit before sleep, and one or two more times throughout the day.

Pushups 3-4 sets to failure
    Situps 3 -4 sets to 75% max reps or something like that
    Bulgarian split squats 3 sets each leg of whats comfortable.

Nothing big, but it's quick and easy and will help you keep your muscles active throughout the day!
  • LauraThirty
    LauraThirty Posts: 74
    I had this issue once before. What worked for me is printing out weekly plans with broken down hours (you can find them online or you could use the new-fangled way of planning with Google calendar ;))

I blocked out all of my working hours, meal times, personal commitments etc. each week then made appointments on the calendar which I regarded as just as important as everything else. They HAD to happen. It might be different times each week but as long as they're in there. cIf you find a good 20 minute routine that's only an hour and 20 minutes a week that you need to find each week... surely it's manageable..? What about getting in some 30DS type DVDs too?
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Thanks all. I did go to gym today . Got hi e super Kate but I did it.. Need a consistent routine to get back on track.