Advice please re hard to shift fat!

Options
Hi, I have been on this diet for some and I have lost weight. When I started I had excess weight from under my bust to my stomach. The weight under my bust has gone but I have a lump of fat just above my waist which refuses to go. It is not a 'muffin top' as the fat does not go around me to the sides if you know what I mean, just on the front. It is not huge but I don't seem able to shift it.
Are there any exercises I can do which will help?
Anyone else with this problem?

Replies

• Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have a bit like this - mine's like a little pooch of fat above my waistline which just sticks out a bit and is worse due to loose skin. However, since doing a mix of cardio and resistance work and cutting down on what I'm eating, it's shrunk quite a lot. Lots of people have a stubborn bit of fat which is hard to get rid of but it will shrink and go eventually - nothing you can do to specifically target that spot.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Not possible to shift fat unless you get surgery.

Possible to lose it altogether though.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have similar, its going, its just taking time. Just keep losing & keep working the muscles underneath and it will go from there eventually.
  • mary_elizabeth28
    Options
    Try ultrasonic lipo - it's non-surgical and gets good results

Search for LoveLipo on Google (UK)
  • angiebug
    angiebug Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for all your tips. Sounds like I shall have to keep at it and hopefully it will shrink. Sadly it is not a loose pouch of skin but quite solid. Will try and find some exercises for the area.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your tips. Sounds like I shall have to keep at it and hopefully it will shrink. Sadly it is not a loose pouch of skin but quite solid. Will try and find some exercises for the area.

Nothing sad about that fact. If it were loose skin, you would have to have a tummy tuck to get rid of it. If it's just fat, you can continue to lose fat and it will shrink until it is gone.