Kind of new to MFP

Hello everyone, Today is my first post although I have been recording my meals for the last 2 weeks (I have lost 5 pounds) I am a mother of four grown daughters - 26,24,23,and 20. I have dieted most of my adult life. I give a new meaning to yo-yo dieting. I decided no more dieting for me...what I need is a life change. Recently I was at the doctors and he read me the riot act, my family history is loaded with disease, obesity related. My Mom died almost a year ago, 450 lbs, miserable and unhappy (we needed an oversized coffin and sad to say I was embarrased). I don't want that for myself, not to mention I know how I have suffered losing my mother when she was only 67. I do not want that for my girls. So here I am, making a change, setting a better example for my children than my Mom set for me.

Replies

• lburns
    lburns Posts: 3
    Hello everyone, Today is my first post although I have been recording my meals for the last 2 weeks (I have lost 5 pounds) I am a mother of four grown daughters - 26,24,23,and 20. I have dieted most of my adult life. I give a new meaning to yo-yo dieting. I decided no more dieting for me...what I need is a life change. Recently I was at the doctors and he read me the riot act, my family history is loaded with disease, obesity related. My Mom died almost a year ago, 450 lbs, miserable and unhappy (we needed an oversized coffin and sad to say I was embarrased). I don't want that for myself, not to mention I know how I have suffered losing my mother when she was only 67. I do not want that for my girls. So here I am, making a change, setting a better example for my children than my Mom set for me.
  • hannah
    hannah Posts: 22 Member
    I give you so much credit you want better for yourself and your children. I am so well aware of the importance of changing the generational curse that feeds on so many families, your working on yourself so that the next generation will have a chance at a better life and possibly not have to ever face the pain you have. Please continue to be that example that changes the next generation for the better. I can attest that change does work,it's alot of hard work ,but the outcome is well worth it .Your awesome don't ever give up the benefit of what you do today may benifit many generations to come. God bless you.........