6 months pp need friends with babies for support

blaqpepa
blaqpepa Posts: 67 Member
Hi all,

I'm not new to MFP, but this will be the first time I try connect with people for support.
I had my DD 6 months ago via c-section, and have been struggling to stick to any routine since.
I gained 33kgs during my pregnancy, and have only lost 15.2kg so far :(. I need to loose a total of 43kgs to get to my goal weight and healthy BMI!!!
Its been a challenge getting any workout done with my DD being high-needs, but the older she's getting, the easier it is.

Just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, love it cause it's only 20mins, on day 2, and would like a few friend for support, regardless of their workout program.

Replies

• lk227
    lk227 Posts: 28
    You can add me. I am 5 weeks pp and have lost 5kg so far. I also have a lot more to lose.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980685-progress-pics
    These are my process pics. I'm 4 months pp.
  • Chadandbradsmummy
    Chadandbradsmummy Posts: 19 Member
    Wow, you're doing well thinking about this so quickly. I'm 18 months pp and only just really started trying to sort myself out in January!
  • blaqpepa
    Hi Ladies, thanks for the responses :)

Chantelp89 - You're doing great! Congrats!

Chadsmummy - It's been a serious battle. I lost 10kg just from giving birth, so it's taken me a good 7months just to loose 5kgs. But im newly committed. One day at a time. I've only just come to accept that slow and steady wins the race.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    almost 4 months pp here:flowerforyou:
  • tq1977
    tq1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello you can add me. I had my son 2 weeks ago via c-section an I have 4 weeks before I can start losing. I gained 30 pounds during pregnancy and with breast feeding and healthy eating I have lost 22 so far. Hopefully we all can reach our goals. I was about 10 pounds overweight prior to pregnancy.
  • blaqpepa
    t91977 - Congrats on your baby boy, and losing so much weight thus far. Be sure to stick to waiting the full 6 weeks. I was impatient, didnt listen to my obgyn (God bless his patient soul) and tried working out before the 6 week mark, ended up with a bad infection, he threatened to open me up again to repair the damage. Anyhow, i had to wait even longer before he cleared me, and it's taken me this long to not feel pain anymore after a long day.
    Be sure to take it easy
  • tq1977
    tq1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks, I try to take it easy. This was my first c section and when I delivered my daughter I was able to bounce back MUCH quicker. For now I just take the dogs on a light 20 minute walk each day just to keep moving. I am so anxious to get back at it but don't want to damage anything. A supportive network goes a long way.