I am running out of clothes!!!

Options
rlinson
rlinson Posts: 62 Member
Why is this a success story? Because almost all of my clothes are too big!! I have even switched my work clothes to the pants that sat in the back of the closet for so long because they were too small for me, but now even those are getting to be too big! I would drop from large to medium shirts, but my arms are too long and a long sleeve shirt would be too short. Heck - even my briefs are feeling loose! I bought shorts at the end of summer last year at WalMart on clearance for $3 each. Excellent deal, but I can't even attempt to wear them because they would fall right off me!!

Here is the up side. The comments I get from people - CONSTANTLY asking if I am still losing weight - to which I can gladly reply yes. Those board shorts that I was struggling to wear and didn't want to buy larger look great now. That Italian shirt I got and kept for so long is ready to make it's debut. And most of all - I feel great!!! 30 year high school reunion is about 2.5 months away and I am already happy with myself but plan to be even closer to my goal!!

Replies

• nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    That's such an awesome problem. Congratulations, good work!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm having the same problem with jeans. In the past 6 months or so I bought two pairs of jeans and now they slide off my hips. I MUST go shopping but I don't see the point if I'm just going to keep losing weight.

It's a good feeling isn't it? I bet you are gonna knock'em out at your reunion. Keep up the faboo work :wink:
  • BlackBeltLife
    BlackBeltLife Posts: 180
    Options
    Nice problem to have.........keep up the inspiring journey.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Way to go!! Excellent ... great problem to have!
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem its great to have but I am going to need a 2nd job to pay for them.

Way to go.. Continued success..
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! I'm having the same problem too.....but I guess it's not that bad of a problem to have. Congratulations!!!! :bigsmile:
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!! :drinker: That is the best kind of problem to have. I keep going through my closet and putting a donation pile with clothes that are just simply too loose. Keep up the great job :wink:
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well done. I can't wait for it to start happing to me too
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm having the same issue, as well and while it's a nice problem to have, it is getting a bit annoying! LOL Keep up the great work!
  • norbel_shumon
    Options
    ...can't wait to have this problem! Congrats!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    What an awesome problem to have. When I lost weight 2008 I got rid of all my big clothes and bought all new clothes....well, I had another baby this year and I so WISH I had all my big clothes....Now I only fit a couple of things...so I can't wait to have that problem once again...

AWESOME JOB!
  • borgi77
    borgi77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Congrats WAY TO GO!!! Well done!!!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Good for you!!

The wallet may be empty buying new clothes but the self esteem is THROUGH THE ROOF! :bigsmile:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Your doing an amazing job! Although we do it for ourselves those comments from others around us sure do feel SO GOOD! :smile:
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    That's sort of a fabulous problem to have! haha. Congrats! I'm sure all those compliments feel fantastic!!

I'm in a similar boat- I've already had to downsize my pants (like you, those ones in the back of the closet are getting big on me too). It is expensive. Plus, as this isn't where I want to be long term, I don't want to spend tons on a wardrobe, I hopefully won't be at for long. A lot more recycling of the same clothes than I used to!
  • Michelle923
    Michelle923 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I read a great article on that the other day. If you're clothes are too big but you aren't ready to invest in new ones until you reach your ultimate goal, have the clothes that you own tailored. They even suggested a quick do it yourself to take the side seam in on each side and taper it down to the leg. They also suggested washing jeans in hot water and drying them on high heat to get some shrinkage.

Hope some of that helps! A great problem to have!
  • Michelle923
    Michelle923 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Also try consignment and resale shops. You can sometimes get lucky and get some temporary replacements at much more affordable prices.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    WOW! CONGRATS! I hope to have the same problem soon!
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    Definitely the best kind of problem to have! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!