weekly goals or daily?

Options
do you base your net cals ect.. on weekly or daily goals?
if you eat 1300 and your goal is 1200 a day do you eat 100 less calories the next day or do you take everyday as it comes?

- I am more of a daily achiever ..if yesterday i didnt eat as much i just deal with it.
Whats more important to you, a daily net intake or weekly?
Would you eat 100 less calories a day and add them up for the weekend for a super treat day?
:)

Replies

• drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options

Would you eat 100 less calories a day and add them up for the weekend for a super treat day?
    :)

Hmm, I have never done that....yet .....thanks for the idea ....LOL...

I just log daily and focus on the daily picture. If i'm good daily, then weekly is sure to be good ...
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    it depends. there are times when i need extra calories because i want to eat a calorie-laden treat of some sort so i'll save up for them. for example, i'll be under 100-200 calories for 3 days in a row then make up for it on the 4th day.

i try to stay under on a daily basis though. but sometimes it's nice to know that as long as i'm under for the week, it's ok too. lots of people calorie zig-zag and still lose.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I use both, that way I have wiggle room if I need it but it's not always necessary!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I use both in a way - I make sure that my daily is fine, and then I make sure I have a sufficient deficit for the weekend - in case I am taken out for dinner and want a 3 course meal, or if I am planning to have an extremely lazy day on one of the days!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I would say 30% daily 70% weekly for me. I try to hit it daily but it's the week's average that means the most to me.