Foods to give your metabolism a boost

Options
youngs
youngs Posts: 250 Member
Seen this on the Dr's show today and thought I would share..
Master your metabolism with Jillian’s 10 power foods.

1. Blueberries: high in antioxidants, and help fight fat and reduce blood pressure.
2. Oats: high in antioxidants, and help fight fat and reduce blood pressure.
3. Yogurt: high in calcium, helps boost the immune system and maintains healthy bacteria and yeast levels in the body.
4. Black beans: high in protein and fiber and helps with weight loss.
5. Salmon: high in zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids and helps maintain heart health.
6. Spinach: high in vitamins B6 and B12 and helps maintain heart health.
7. Garlic: boosts the immune system and helps lower cholesterol levels.
8. Tomatoes: high in fiber, vitamin C and lycopene.
9. Broccoli: high in fiber and vitamins A and C.
10. Walnuts: high in protein, B vitamins, magnesium and fiber, and help lower cholesterol.

Also if you did not get to see todays show it was very interesting and had alot of good information! you can go to this website and read more..Some very good information!!!!
www.thedoctorstv.com

Replies

• kris327
    kris327 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!! Good info! I am all for helping out my metabolism!! :-)
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Rebecca__Lynn Posts: 114
    Options
    SWEEET!!! Thanks for posting...I'm feeling good....I'm getting the majority of those in my diet regularly...need to get more garlic and black beans though!!! I will get right on that!! ;) Thanks Lisa!! I will check out that link too... I love shows like this.
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    luvmygrandkidstx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, Lisa. I printed it out so I'd have it for future reference. Hugs to you!
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yay! Reading that list was like reading a list of my favorite foods!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for posting! :D I was watching the show today but got distracted by laundry and forgetting about the show, left for the gym. I had meant to stay and watch that part. But I guess I missed it for a good thing though. Haha.