People who's driving says I'm more important than you

Options
2»

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    And to clarify the "I'm sick of pedestrians". I see people PURPOSELY walking so slow in the street that you HAVE to slow down for them. Not a normal walk. Certainly not a quick walk. More like a sloth slumbering kind of walk.

When driving through a cross walk how many people will just pile out of an entrance to a store with ZERO concern for how long and how many people you may have already stopped and waited for.

I can't stand it when someone crosses in front of you at a steep angle instead of walking strait across. AGAIN SPEED THIS UP! Or in a parking lot someone walks right in the middle of the driving lanes.

That kinda thing.

I always walk quickly, but I'm not going to walk faster than I already do because I'm walking in front of you. You are already going 4-5 times faster than I am and need to just chill the hell out. Waiting for someone to cross the street isn't going to kill you. I have to wait to cross the road until you get out of the way, and that can add 2-10 minutes to my travel time depending on the time of day, and you're whining about having to wait 2-10 seconds?

Also, I always cross diagonally if I am crossing two roads at once and it is safe to do so. One of the few perks of walking is that you get to take the shortest route between places. Again, if you have to wait an extra ten seconds at a stop light and you feel like whining about it, you need perspective or medication.

If you walk at an angle which takes much longer, then you are the problem and not the drivers.
    It is rude and inconsiderate as much so or more than a driver who is impatient while you are crossing.

In summary you are too lazy to be courteous.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I hate those jack *kitten* who bypass everybody waiting at line where you merge for a construction zone. They are the ones who cause the line in the first place. Same with the ones who exit and then get back on at the onramp to bypass everyone waitng. :grumble:

I'll often position myself to block them if it won't further halt traffic behind me. It's one of my great pleasures in life and often makes the time spent sitting in traffic worthwhile when I see them bust a blood vessel while stuck behind me.

I just stick the front of my truck in there so they would have to either hit me or let me in. I don't see why people get so mad about it. It's not illegal and you could have done the same thing if you were smart enough. Also, I let everyone in, even if they "butt".
  • LonLB
    Options
    I hate those jack *kitten* who bypass everybody waiting at line where you merge for a construction zone. They are the ones who cause the line in the first place. Same with the ones who exit and then get back on at the onramp to bypass everyone waitng. :grumble:

I'll often position myself to block them if it won't further halt traffic behind me. It's one of my great pleasures in life and often makes the time spent sitting in traffic worthwhile when I see them bust a blood vessel while stuck behind me.

I just stick the front of my truck in there so they would have to either hit me or let me in. I don't see why people get so mad about it. It's not illegal and you could have done the same thing if you were smart enough. Also, I let everyone in, even if they "butt".

Because people going to the very end and jamming into the last available spot is what CAUSES THOSE BACKUPS!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Actually it is, disobeying a traffic device (well, it is in NYC since people don't cut back in with a comfortable amount of time to make the turn or whatever, they try to cut in past where the line goes solid). If you're able to get your end of the car in, then you beat me. I don't let anyone in if possible.
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    I don't let anyone in if possible.

Whatever makes you feel better I guess.
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Actually it is, disobeying a traffic device (well, it is in NYC since people don't cut back in with a comfortable amount of time to make the turn or whatever, they try to cut in past where the line goes solid). If you're able to get your end of the car in, then you beat me. I don't let anyone in if possible.

Here in Minnesota they started a campaign called the "zipper merge" http://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/ where they encourage people to merge as late as possible and use both lanes because they claim its safer and reduces congestion. So I try to use whichever lane is shorter.
  • _DaniD_
    Options
    Here in Minnesota they started a campaign called the "zipper merge" http://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/ where they encourage people to merge as late as possible and use both lanes because they claim its safer and reduces congestion. So I try to use whichever lane is shorter.

That's the proper way to do it. Stopping in the middle or beginning of the ending lane with your blinker on waiting to get in is what causes the most traffic.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

That's the proper way to do it. Stopping in the middle or beginning of the ending lane with your blinker on waiting to get in is what causes the most traffic.

That works for simple merges, once you get into scenarios with more complicated merges it's a bit more tricky. Getting onto the George Washington Bridge from the West Side Highway is a good example. Waiting to merge to take the faster thru-lanes is what causes a lot of the issues because then you're trying to hop across 3 or 4 lanes across people staying on 9A or getting on the Cross Bronx or whatever.
  • RoadsterZ
    RoadsterZ Posts: 434
    Options
    I just go fast......lol
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    Signaling is my biggest pet peeve. I can forgive any number of idiotic moves on the road as long as they signal. They rarely do, though.
    Signalling would involved forethought and consideration for other drivers therefore highly unlikely to happen.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    95% of the time, I am more important.. mainly because I hate being late.

I cannot stand crappy drivers.. If it says 45, go 45 or 50.. it won't kill you! When you get on a freeway ramp, don't brake at the top because of on-coming traffic or I will rear-end you.

Most importantly.. don't give the stink eye when I zoom around you because you don't know what the hell you are doing on the road!

Then try hauling yourself out of bed ten minutes earlier?

I walk most of the places that I go and what I can't stand is any type of rudeness towards pedestrians for daring to be in the crosswalk, because you have to pause for a whole ten seconds to let them cross the street! This makes me especially angry because generally I have to give myself 45 minutes to an hour to get somewhere in my town that takes around 10-20 minutes to reach by car. Really in my town nothing is more than a 20 minute drive away. If you can't get up early enough to give yourself 20 minutes of driving time, you might need to reexamine your life. And yes, I can see it when you roll your eyes at me as I'm crossing the street, and no, I was here before you zoomed up and I do not have to sprint across because you happen to be in a hurry.

I start work at 8, or 9.. and I get up at 4:30, 5 am. How much eariler would you like me to get up?

I also live a ten minute drive from either work place, and leave at least 30 minutes before hand.. again, how much eariler do I need to leave?

When pedestrins cross the street where I live, they take their sweet time and it's at least a whole two or three minutes before I can go. So yes, I expect you to move your butt, esp if it takes you 45 to an hour to walk any place.. you'd get there a whole lot quicker if you moved instead of walking like a snail.

Edited to add: I see your from WI.. that explains a lot.
  • LonLB
    Options
    YES!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I just go fast......lol

Me too! I learned to drive in California where I am from. People are polite, but fast.

My husband drives like a total douche. Seriously. He's rude and it pisses me off. I usually drive.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    95% of the time, I am more important.. mainly because I hate being late.

I cannot stand crappy drivers.. If it says 45, go 45 or 50.. it won't kill you! When you get on a freeway ramp, don't brake at the top because of on-coming traffic or I will rear-end you.

Most importantly.. don't give the stink eye when I zoom around you because you don't know what the hell you are doing on the road!

Then try hauling yourself out of bed ten minutes earlier?

I walk most of the places that I go and what I can't stand is any type of rudeness towards pedestrians for daring to be in the crosswalk, because you have to pause for a whole ten seconds to let them cross the street! This makes me especially angry because generally I have to give myself 45 minutes to an hour to get somewhere in my town that takes around 10-20 minutes to reach by car. Really in my town nothing is more than a 20 minute drive away. If you can't get up early enough to give yourself 20 minutes of driving time, you might need to reexamine your life. And yes, I can see it when you roll your eyes at me as I'm crossing the street, and no, I was here before you zoomed up and I do not have to sprint across because you happen to be in a hurry.

I start work at 8, or 9.. and I get up at 4:30, 5 am. How much eariler would you like me to get up?

I also live a ten minute drive from either work place, and leave at least 30 minutes before hand.. again, how much eariler do I need to leave?

When pedestrins cross the street where I live, they take their sweet time and it's at least a whole two or three minutes before I can go. So yes, I expect you to move your butt, esp if it takes you 45 to an hour to walk any place.. you'd get there a whole lot quicker if you moved instead of walking like a snail.

Edited to add: I see your from WI.. that explains a lot.

I've never taken 3 minutes to cross a local road. Like I said, I walk fairly quickly. I believe you may be trolling because I don't know how big a car would have to be that someone could possibly take three minutes to walk out of range of it so that the car could move again.

I give myself plenty of time to get where I am going with time to spare every day. I'm glad you do as well, but there is never any excuse to be rude because you're worried you will be late if you knew what time you needed to be there the day before. If you aren't going to be late, why are you whining that it takes time for someone else to cross the road? Why does it matter? You are sitting on your butt in relative comfort listening to the radio or whatever if you are waiting for someone to cross the road or driving. You are not in any way superior to the person crossing the street.