Your running shoes

Options
13»

Replies

• avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    New Balance Minimus WT00GP I am on my second pair love them so very much. Best shoes ever.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Asics Kayano for me too. My trail shoes are another Asics - Trabuco maybe?
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Saucony Omni 11--I bought them in a Man's size 10 since I wear a large women's size (11). I had a gait analysis and was told I needed a stability shoe. So far these shoes are really comfortable (and I tried on about a dozen different styles). I'm working through the C25K and hope to RUN my first 5K ever in these shoes in the fall.

BTW, it's the most money I ever paid for ANY type of shoes (I'm not a shoe nut) so I really hope they get me to where I want to be.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I have odd feet, so I have tried on too many shoes to count. I found the Nike Pegasus 28's work best. Funny though, I HATE the new 29's. Grrrr....
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Saucony Omni 11 here, too. Size is weird, I needed a 10 in them, but I wear 9's in street shoes. :ohwell:

My daughter wore Brooks Ghost for cross country.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Black, purple, and lime green Saucony Guide 6s. Just got them and LOVE them!! They replaced my Saucony Progrid Omni 9s...which I also loved.
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    champion black pink and white running shoes
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I was in purple Brooks Revenna 3s. Not the right shoe for me. I now sport red/white Saucony Omni 11s and I LOVE THEM!!! They are a stability shoe and they work great for my hip/overpronation issue.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline 13s. Had 12s before that.
  • RoamingDuck
    RoamingDuck Posts: 74
    Options
    Currently running With the Brooks Ghost 4. However, I think I'll be in the market again soon because I've been using them for nearly a year.
  • strive1908
    strive1908 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the Adidas Clima Cool. I live in Texas and this shoe is lightweight and comfortable but more importantly, the shoe is designed allow air to move through it while running. It's like having a fan blowing on your toes!!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't really run much but my latest pair are Nike Dual Fusion ST 2.

When I was interested in starting running, I went and got fitted and got a pair of Brooks something or other and honestly I wasn't a fan. They were ok for actual running but since I was doing c25k, I was walking as well and they actually hurt to walk in. I also learned that I was a mid foot striker and the shoes that were recommended for me had so much padding in the heel that they definitely were not meant for mid foot strikers.

I also tried a pair of Skechers Go Run buying into the marketing for mid foot strikers but once again...they get very uncomfortable during walking.

There are other running shoes that I have tried as well but don't remember what they were but suffice it to say, to date, I have spent a fortune on running shoes.

So, I had a 30% off coupon at Kohl's as well as a bunch of Kohl's cash so I went and tried on every single pair of running shoes that they had in my size and Nike Dual Fusion ST 2 won. I have only gone out running a few times with them but did not have any problems with running or walking. My only issue with them is keeping them as a designated running shoe because they are so comfy. Now if I ever start seriously running, I don't know how good they will be because there is a lot of cushion to them which will probably wear down pretty quick with higher impact but I think it is a good shoe for a beginner.
  • SoullessGinger1
    SoullessGinger1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second pair of Saucony. I need cushion and support. Have also accepted the notion that running shoes have to be replaced more often than I would prefer.