Spartan Run!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    Options
    JCM1969 - The Beast is their 12-15 mile course - they have one in August in Monterey CA. :-)
  • jenluth
    jenluth Posts: 13
    Options
    Dam5412 - You'll do great! I have yet to finish a 5k having run the whole thing. I am not a runner... at all. My friends and I walked a lot of the Spartan Sprint. It seems like most the people who did not finish ended up with severe cramping or had a hard time with the cold. Once we signed up we had 6 weeks to prepare for the race. To prepare we:
    1. upped our running/walking. Took more walks up steep hills (which helped out a lot since Spartan Races are known for utilizing steep hills to carry weight up of)
    2. strength - worked on pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, and resistance band exercises
    3. we took our kids to a local playground and let them play while we practiced on the pull-up bar, monkey bars (if you can master the kid monkey bars you'll be good with the spartan ones), and tried climbing up the pole.
    4. burpees- I worked up to 120 burpees a day (done throughout the day 30 at a time)

If you can do 120 burpees a day without issue you'll be good to go :-)
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I focused a lot of upper body strength and core strength. There were lots of folks who walked the who thing...