PEDOMETER

Reign
Reign Posts: 87 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All! I am thinking about wearing a pedometer, to estimate how many calories I burn doing normal, daily activities. I just wondered if anyone uses one on a daily basis. If so, do you find them to be accurate?

Replies

• ema21043
    ema21043 Posts: 45
    I wear one daily to track 10,000 steps a day and have found it very accurate for that. It was inexpensive at Walmart for $9. It tracks calories and miles but I don't know how accurate those numbers are. I have an 11 year old son and he is wearing one too, it is making him a little more active and helps push me to make sure I get my steps in each day. I was surprised to disover when I take the "day off" I only walk about 2000-3000 steps a day. Adding in the extra steps hasn't been hard at all. Good luck with your search, sorry I couldn't give you more information about calorie counts.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    I use a pedometer but not to get calories burned. I have an inexpensive one that I got at a free class I took. It is not very accurate in calories burned (maybe there are better models out there). For example, right now I have walked 17,171 steps which is about 8 miles, but the calorie burn is only 308. The steps and the miles are fairly accurate but I know the calories burn is way off.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Reign, don't pay for one. I can't wait to get mine!

http://www.naturesbounty.com/pages/freepedometer.aspx
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks everyone. i will just use it try to increase how much I move around.
This discussion has been closed.