Ok tell me the truth...

Options
2»

Replies

• rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    rest up! it makes your next workout more effective! enjoy your day off! :flowerforyou:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to "Crazy Dance" every chance you get though... :tongue:
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i did the same for a period but in the end i realised i couldnt keep it up indefinately--if you did you would get injured--you will adjust to eating the additional calories and when you stop it will be hard to rationalise for the drop in activity--my motto in life -everything in moderation!
    i am trying to shrink my calorie intake and keep fit--a life long balance
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Definitely take the rest. One thing I noticed is I had a week and a half of intense work outs and then a friend came to visit for a few days and I did nothing, and I noticed a weight loss. My body had been retaining water to repair from my work outs, and the rest let things get back to normal. Rest is definitely a good thing, you just gotta be sure to get back into it the next day after you rest (that used to be a big problem for me!). I'm sure that won't be a problem for you with how determined you seem to be. :happy:
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i do yoga on my days off. There are some really good ones on exercise . tv
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    REST!!!!

You should always give your body AT LEAST 1 day a week to recover and rest. Do not feel guility. By working out everyday, you risk overtraining, injury, etc.

Exactly, over training will hurt you in the long run. Your body needs a break. You can take an active rest day where you do yoga (like mentioned), go for a leisurely walk, swim... do things that don't make your muscles have to work too hard.