HELP!!! Working out with no weight loss??

Options
Hello, I have been working out for about 2 months and haven't lost a single pound....I am doing quite a bit of toning during my workouts though. Has this ever happened to anyone else and what should I do??? I'm getting really frustrated and warn out. :(

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Stop toning and start lifting some heavy weights.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would say it may have to do with your diet without looking at your diary. What kind of workouts are you doing? Do you follow a program? Do you follow a nutrition plan?

Julianne
  • lillady93
    lillady93 Posts: 18
    Options
    I try to eat under 1200 calories a day. and I do toning for 45 minutes and cardio for 45 minutes.and I drink a TON of water....like a TON!!!
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try to eat under 1200 calories a day. and I do toning for 45 minutes and cardio for 45 minutes.and I drink a TON of water....like a TON!!!

You need to eat a couple hundred calories more. Don't do as much cardio and do more strength training. Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Clean up your diet and don't starve yourself, but make sure you're eating at a deficit to lose fat.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    You either have a medical condition, or you are not tracking your calories accurately. My guess is it's the latter as it's a very common mistake. Most of us have been there. Buy a digital kitchen scale and some liquid measuring cups and weigh all solids and measure all liquids (other than water) that you consume. Water isn't going to do much one way or the other as weight loss is a matter of calories in and calories out.

BTW - was it really necessary to post the exact same question in two different threads?