Sedentary Lifestyle aka sitting disease Can't happen to you?

Options
My Mom was a health nut! She ate clean. She went to the gym almost every evening. She won fitness awards. She constantly did for others. She was amazing. She was a perfect Mom. She was a wonderful person. Then one day she sat down. Her 4 kids were grown up and on their own. Her husband retired. Her 7 grand kids are now grown up and beginning their life journey. It's almost like she had completed what she set out to complete. She sat down as a perfectly healthy person. 15 years of a sedentary lifestyle and it finally got her. She passed just after Thanksgiving's Day of 2012 at the age of 77. Perfectly healthy but her body just couldn't sustain life anymore. This situation is becoming very common. It has reached epidemic proportions. But nobody thinks it's real. How could it be? Right? I am here to tell her story. I am here to tell her story because she wasn't ready to go. But once her fitness got away from her she didn't think she was able to get it back. The world doesn't know how to handle this situation yet. So I am trying to get people to be aware that this can happen so they can take action before it's too late. Death from a sedentary lifestyle is horrible. The lack of blood flow to the brain tortures a person for many years. The body was meant to move.

So let's move it move it people! And don't stop!

Replies