NSV I had to share my excitement with someone!:)

Options
Happymom83
Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
So I just had to share this someone! Today I did Level 1/day 6 of 30 Day Shred..then set off to do day 1 of C25K...well I did the 5 minutes of walking..I looked down and knew it was time to start jogging...I was terrified..lol..Ive literally never ran/jogged (other than running after my kids :)...but I literally took a deep breath and just started...the 2 minutes flew by!It was soooo exciting for me..this was a huge milestone in my fitness/healthy living journey...Ive always been "scared" to run for lots of reasons.....lol...one is "I dont want people to look at me"...Boo hoo...I cranked my music up and said "Who cares..you are doing this for you! Not them! Who cares what you look like..just MOVE!"And I did it and it was awesome...then I walked for another 23 minutes...I felt like crying when I got home...anywho..I hope you got thru this rambling lol...just wanted to share <3

Replies

• DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yay! So proud of your success! Thanks for sharing! :drinker:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I started C25K too (I'm curently on Week 4 Day 2 tomorrow) and I remember that feeling so well. I was scared and embarrassed and I was doing it on my treadmill in my house before my husband got home. I remember the fear thinking that I could not do it. That probably lasted through Week 2. Now I know I can do it, even if I am intimidated by the time increases coming up I know that I can do it!! It is an awesome feeling. So proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Super accomplishment!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job. I know how amazing it feels to run much longer than you think you are capable.
  • Zaefira
    Zaefira Posts: 13
    Options
    You success moves me, really it does. I am petrified of running outside for looking a fool. So I bought a treadmill. Now I'm petrified of running coz of making a racket and family catching me in action >< I tried ck25 but I bailed at the jogging part. Reading this has made me wanna push myself again.

Thanks and GREAT WORK on doing it. Every success is an inspiration :)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! Awesome day for you!
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You go girl! That's what it is about..YOU!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You are a superstar! The C25K is a great program. Keep it up and before you know it, you will be running more than walking. Trust me on this.
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    OK, that was a quick hook :) Welcome to running, it'll never let you down!

And thanks for posting, always nice to hear "happy":flowerforyou:
  • SamDanielleB
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up, it just gets more and more rewarding :) I'm about to start week 6.
  • jennilili
    jennilili Posts: 1
    Options
    thats so awesome!!!! thank you for sharing! thats is def an awesome goal and acomplishment
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You're definitely right about one thing, you've got stop caring about what other people think! Are you doing this for them or you?

Keep up the good work! I know lots of people have had success with C25K, so I'm sure you will too. In time, you may even come to love running. I know I did :happy:
  • SantaGinetta
    SantaGinetta Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WTG, good for you
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    That is SO great!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    thats awesome...good job
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Marvelous NSV! Keep up the great work!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What a great story!! I've always thought about running and haven't for that reason, what are people going to say or think and also because I live in a busy neighborhood, but I shouldn't care!!

Thanks for sharing this and way to go!! :flowerforyou:
  • wstrayhan
    wstrayhan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job, we all start some where and have fears...:happy:
  • Txgirl1204
    Txgirl1204 Posts: 37
    Options
    that is so awesome!! You should be so proud! That is a great accomplishment! I hope to run soon too!
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    You have every right to be proud! You rock and don't forget it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!