Marathon Playlist

Options
I am running in my first full Marathon soon and i would like to enlist your help creating an upbeat\motivational playlist to get me through 26.2 miles.

I like just about every genre of music (explicit is fine as well).

Load me up!

If you have spotify you can find the list here:
spotify:user:1280268680:playlist:5ATNMxSlbB9qz97BIHiOG5

URL:
http://open.spotify.com/user/1280268680/playlist/5ATNMxSlbB9qz97BIHiOG5

Thanks!

Replies

• shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first half marathon on Sunday 5/5/13. I usually run to techno-ey music. I can search by BPM and keep things upbeat so that even if I'm dragging, I can say to myself "as long as I just run to the beat, I'll be ok". One of my favorite songs is called "Greyhound" by Swedish House Mafia. It's kind of up and down but stays interesting. Sometimes techno can get too repetitive for me while running. It's that same "boom cha boom cha boom cha" rhythm that makes me skip songs during a run.

Another one of my favorite songs is "Fasten your seatbelt" by Pendulum. The Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon is known to have a couple of really big nasty hills. Miles 6-8 is almost entirely uphill (I can't remember the elevation change right now, but I'm sure it's a few hundred feet). Right as I got to the start of the hill before mile 6, that song came on and it was so fitting. I had to gear up and get into my hillclimb mindset and in the song it says "ladies and gentlemen.... fasten your seatbelts." hahaha