P90X success question

Options
Hello, I just finished week one of P90X and I have gained 2 pounds. For those that have done this program how long did it take to see results?

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am on W6 of P90x and I didn't really monitor my weight on it.... I normally go by the pictures and my 30 day progress I was floored by the change....Keep going and when ever you are doing weights...there may be an increase but then your body will balance out and lose weight and inches...Good luck
  • whipdancer
    whipdancer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    By week 2 I saw progress - as in, I could make it through an entire workout and I didn't take *ANY* extra breaks. What kind of progress are you looking for? Which p90x plan are you following?
  • Charlottesmama
    Charlottesmama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am doing the P90X lean. I had a baby 3 1/2 months ago and want to lose the baby weight as well as gain lean muscle.
  • kimzie89
    kimzie89 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am on the exact same boat! I had a baby 4 months ago and I am starting P90X on Monday. How was is at the beginning?
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I are looking to do p90x in a few weeks but can't decide between regular and lean. Let me know how you like it after your body starts to respond to the program :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    If you haven't done measurements do that!

In the beginning the muscles are fatigued (sp? its late) and hold on to extra water to repair themselves.
    Its different for everyone but keep it up and you Will see the changes

Congrats on the baby
  • autopilot_on
    autopilot_on Posts: 388
    Options
    Try to focus more on how you look and feel rather than what you weigh. Weight is not a direct measurement of fitness and fluctuates a great deal even within one day. Keep working. I am currently on week 11 but I saw results after my first two weeks. But more than that you'll notice that you aren't as tired during workouts or that you'll be able to complete workouts with few or no extra breaks. That's when you know changes are really happening.

Good luck and enjoy the journey!
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I gained weight in the first two weeks. I was upset, but then looked it up and found that your body retains water to protect your sore muscles. I stopped weighing myself until my muscles were no longer sore and that's when I started dropping weight. Give it a couple more weeks.
  • Charlottesmama
    Charlottesmama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. I measured my waist and have lost almost 1/2 inch in the first week. I am going to focus on the inches and not what the scale states.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!