Out of the mouths of babes...

Options
zombiemomjo
zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
My sister was showing my 5 year old son some pictures from our college years 15 years ago. My sweet boy says, "Look at how fat mommy's legs are!" So I look at the picture, and sure enough I was sitting cross-legged on the grass with my pup (who just turned 15 last month), and my thighs were VERY prominent in the pic and made me cringe a little. After telling my boy that it's not very appropriate to call anyone fat, we moved on. Later in the day, he looks up and me and asks, "Mommy, how did you get so small?"

So my NSV for the weekend was my baby boy inadvertently pointing out that his mama looks better at 40 than she did in grad school! Thank you, sweetie!! :)

Replies

• Amy11108
    Amy11108 Posts: 74
    Options
    awww that is too sweet! I hope someday my son can say the same about me :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Cute NSV :) so cute! Congrats on your stunning transformation! :)
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I have been stalled out at this weight for months now, so I have to focus on the NSV's as they come. :) Good luck on your journeys!
  • ShelbyNicole08
    Options
    That is so adorable!!!! :)
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That is the BEST nsv ever!!! You know that they tell the truth at that age! lol.... love it and congrats! That is my EXACT goal - I wanna be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit 40 (I'm only 9 months away).
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thanks! :) If I can do this, anyone can! Your progress looks amazing! Congrats to you!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If the picture on the right is the weight you are stalled out at...GREAT job!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    That is so damn sweet :)
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    If the picture on the right is the weight you are stalled out at...GREAT job!!!

Thanks. Close. I'm up about 5 lbs from that point (too much celebrating when I hit 40 and over the Christmas holiday). Can't get back down to that weight for the life of me. But I keep on moving and switching things up!!! :)
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Aw what a sweet heart!! Congrats on your transformation!! YOu look awesome!!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Adorbs! <3 I love how innocent kids are about things.

When I was bigger, my son was hopping like a rabbit and I made the mistake of saying 'Momma's too heavy to hop' and he latched onto it and repeated it for our entire 3 mile walk. -________-
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Adorbs! <3 I love how innocent kids are about things.

When I was bigger, my son was hopping like a rabbit and I made the mistake of saying 'Momma's too heavy to hop' and he latched onto it and repeated it for our entire 3 mile walk. -________-

Ouch! They have no idea what they are saying. Congrats on your progress! Amazing!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Glad to see you look so happy in both the before and after photo's =)
  • juanyjoanna
    juanyjoanna Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love you title... :) and your NSV truly is jus that a VICTORY!!! Good job!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Awesome job! Glad to see you look so happy in both the before and after photo's =)

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!