Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Urban Organic (NY area)

nyprdiva
nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
edited 1:30AM in Recipes
A few weeks ago, I rejoined Urban Organic (www.urbanorganic.com), an organic produce group that delivers fresh fruits and vegetables from local farms right to your door step. When I moved two years ago, the service wasn't available here but I was glad I checked back and found out they have expanded their reach. Best thing I ever did. I get a weekly delivery of all kinds of produce and a lot that I probably would never of bought on my own. Because I hate wasting food (I'm a clean plate club member), I research all kinds of interesting recipes to use the new foods I've gotten. I also have been coming up with some great recipes on my own.

For those not in the NY area, see if there are any community assisted farms in your area. Great way to expand your food palate, help the environment and the local economy.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I first heard about this type of service through a blog I read, Heart of Light. I looked up on the website she provided and there are NONE in my area. :( So disappointing.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    I first heard about this type of service through a blog I read, Heart of Light. I looked up on the website she provided and there are NONE in my area. :( So disappointing.

greenling.com is another one. They deliver to my work but not my house.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member

greenling.com is another one. They deliver to my work but not my house.

I'm not in Austin or San Antonio :(
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Arielle, have you tried this site: http://www.localharvest.org/csa/
This discussion has been closed.