Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Guysssssss :( Am I the only one that hates this epidemic of artificial sweetner consumption!?

I just really really hope there are no long term negative side effects....

Personally, I opt for sugar over sweetners whenever I can. Sugar free items make me feel dizzy, and "stupid". Hard to explain.

If I treat myself to a "regular" mocha frapp, I just eat less at dinner, and cut out evening snacks.

Just a different perspective chiming in here ;) xx
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a Skinny Vanilla Latte? I used to drink White chocolate mochas and switched to Skinny Vanilla Lattes and love them! for a Grande it 's 120 cals (but it also has 12g of protein!)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of sugar free (since it's basically chemicals) or skim/lowfat milk (because it's extra processed) so I just consider Starbucks drinks to be a dessert and only have them occasionally (even a short of that is 180 calories with skim milk and no whipped cream).

On a daily basis, I either drink espresso, espresso with milk and 1 packet sugar, green tea plain or black tea with 1 creamer and 1 packet sugar. Those are all far, far fewer calories and I usually go for the teas which are max 25cals with the creamer/sugar.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Guysssssss :( Am I the only one that hates this epidemic of artificial sweetner consumption!?

not sure whether I hate the epidemic, or just the artificial sweeteners.. lol. but I'm with you.
  • Moonbeem11
    Moonbeem11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ditto - I'm anti artificial/low fat/fat free etc. I use stevia (natural sweetener). It's just as good as splenda or anything like that. And teeccino for coffee...mocha flavored. I love it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I prefer carefully brewed black coffee. It's my life line.
  • ereinik
    ereinik Posts: 73
    Options
    I prefer carefully brewed black coffee. It's my life line.

This. I do not know what I would do without my french press.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    SweetLeaf has stevia drops in vanilla creme and english toffee that are excellent in coffee. You can also add almond milk. They also make chocolate stevia drops that get great reviews but I have not tried that one yet. Vanilla-flavored almond milk with Walden Farms pancake syrup (by far their best product but contains Splenda) is very tasty also. Love that coffee:heart: !
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    I made 12 oz of classic roast folgers coffee with a tbsp of Hearsheys cocoa natural unsweetened powder and two packs of splenda today. It was so good. See i used to drink Tim hortons ice capps everyday before i started on here and i started buying them again so i had to think of something that would hit the spot and it did. My drink only came out to be 14 calories and no sugar cant beet that:)
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I drink straight up black coffee. I like Boyer's Hazelnut coffee. So that's what I get, and it's still low calorie.
  • BlueJayLaw
    BlueJayLaw Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I go to Starbucks....I just get their Pikes Roast with some sugar-free hazelnut syrup and I bring my own little container of protein powder!

It's super fantastic!!