This is dumb. UGH.

Options
2»

Replies

• spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Do not fret, department store brands always are SMALLER fitting. It sucks but keep on going do not let the numbers trick you. You are doing well. Also if you ever watch the show "What not to Wear", quite often they have people purchase outfits that are larger than their size and then they have them altered to fit the individudal body. I too can not wait to not see those XXX's . You have made great strides, keep on!!!:smokin:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Shop at Old Navy... Target runs small! That's what I do when I'm not happy about the size!

You'll get there! This isn't a dumb post at all. You're doing great!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Totally frustrating!

Clothes in department stores are not quality fabric so the clothes aren't really true to size.

I usually just cut the tags off! Size ain't nothin' but a number if the clothes look good. :glasses:
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Totally not lame! I think we can all understand how you feel! With almost 60lbs. lost for me I'm only down to a size 12 bottom...and even then...I can't really wear womens because of my proportions! I do best in juniors, so I'm a size 13/15! So that's great when it comes to shorts, capris and jeans...but when I have to get slacks and skirts for work? God help me! I would have thought I'd be in a size 10 by now but you know the sizes just seem to be cut very narrow and not for someone with any fit curves!! :grumble:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    At Old Navy I am a size 2, at MOST stores I am a 5, but at Walmart and Target, I am in a 7.

They are all exactly the same "size", and fit the same, it's the number on the tag that is different...

Does that really matter? It's about how you look and feel in the clothes, not what the tag says!

Chin up, you're doing great, don't let this get you down!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all so much for the support.

To answer some questions...

I do exercise. I exercise a lot.

Also, I didn't think to grab an XL and try it. :indifferent: Maybe I should have. Maybe it would have fit? I outta go and try it just to see. :laugh:

I think to me my problem is, I look in the mirror and I don't see an XXL - so when I buy an XXL it irritates the crap out of me.

I went and took my frustrations out on the elliptical. :bigsmile:

Again, thank you so much for the awesome support!

:heart:
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I went and took my frustrations out on the elliptical. :bigsmile:

atta girl!!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    JCPenney's baby! I can wear smaller sizes there and they have great deals going on right now. I love Target too but it is a mind thing with me. I wont buy it if its a larger size.
  • MyTee150
    MyTee150 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I too know how you feel, not lame don't give up! do you look drop dead gorgeous in the dress? and so what its a size with the x in it..
    when I put on something that I couldn't wear months before and its still has an undesirable size in the label... I just simply cut the label out, and tell myself " that brand of clothing is not true to its size"

What is really disturbing to me.. is that I weigh more than others that are my same height, but my size is smaller... but I figure its because I lift weights along with cardio... they say muscle weigh more than fat
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    At Old Navy I got 2 jeans - same style, same cut, same everything but color - and wore 2 different sizes! Don't go by what the label says.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I wanted to come in here and tell you guys that this morning I was going through my closet and found this pretty ice blue skirt I bought from Gap years ago in a size 14reg. I tried it on to see how much longer i needed before I can wear it again. AND IT FIT! And it fit GOOD. :bigsmile:

My depression over Target is officially over! :heart: :laugh:
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I wanted to come in here and tell you guys that this morning I was going through my closet and found this pretty ice blue skirt I bought from Gap years ago in a size 14reg. I tried it on to see how much longer i needed before I can wear it again. AND IT FIT! And it fit GOOD. :bigsmile:

My depression over Target is officially over! :heart: :laugh:

WTG girl! See, target is cut smaller! :flowerforyou: Bet you look great in it too!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    dresses are different. I bought my first pair of 10's a few weeks ago, but still have to get xl or xxl for dresses. I have lost in my legs and bum, but my chest still does not fit into anything right. It is frustrating, but 36 pounds is worth celebrating!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    you are beautiful...I know you feel the worse but know the worse can be worse....I would love just to see an XL, i havent got that small in years....it is one day at a time and just know that you are still at a good size and it will decrease with your strength and persistence....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I love Target too but it is a mind thing with me. I wont buy it if its a larger size.

Here's the reason sizes don't mean anything. (I'm not picking on you, I feel the same way) Because of this, lots of designers (esp. cheap ones) downsize their sizes...because If you are actually a 14, but you try on a pair of pants that is marked a 10, you are definitely gonna buy them! Since sizes vary SOOOOO much, we can't rely on them to know whether an item will fit. When I shop, I take the three sizes around where I think I will fit and I just try them all to see which looks best. I have everything from 10's to 16's in my wardrobe because of this phenomenon.

Glad you're feeling better!