Kiwi's Weekly Weigh In Week 4!

Options
I think its week 4.. I am sick.
The doctor doesnt know what is wrong with me, but its likely its the flu but no sore throat or coughing, runny nose - nothing nada.
Anyway I have been on ibrupofen.. which apparently (as I came across last night) can make your body hold fluid...

So there is no change for me this week, I am .200gm up from my last weigh in (after last Wed - my last record weight was 87.5) I will re-weigh again when I feel well.

Am up and getting ready for my first day back at work - not sure how I am going to go!! But will give it a go. My boss will have to ignore the fact Im not wearing my uniform and I will be wrapped up warm... I am sure he understands. Have finally finished house sitting at his place, so need to give him back his house keys - hes such a patient man! I thought he would have come and collected them off me.

I havent done any exercise since being sick, its been raining hard out in Auckland.
Plus with achy, and weak body and hot and cold flushes and then a rush of dizziness I dont think I want to risk walking down the road. I do wrap up and go and feed the pony Golly, here every night as his buddy is down in BOP - there is a hunt week down there... wonder how they are doing.

Been living on soup, and craved fudge last night (which is a good thing cause I have a major sweet tooth haha)

Hope you are all doing well.

Replies

• betzyrama
    betzyrama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's raining everywhere! :(

I would say rest and put all your energy into getting well. Eat lotsa veggies and fruit (and soup!) and kick that illness!!

SW: 93.3 kg
    last week 86.7
    CW: 86.4
    down 300g from last week!

I need to stop eating so much junk on the weekend. I drop weight all week and then it flies upwards on Sat-Sun and I have to fight to get it back to where it was the week before. It's got me hovering in the 86-87 range forEVER!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Oh I hope your boss is understanding!
    What is your job?
    I'm glad I can wear what I want to work. Bare feet in summer and today I have my slippers on *L*

Feel better soon!

I forgot to weigh today, doh! But I did weigh yesterday and was down 600g from last week! woot!
    So I'll take that. I'm feeling actually pretty bloated today, so I'm sure it would be "higher". Had quite a salty dinner last night (pork belly and fried rice, lots of soy sauce!) and I am sure I'm holding some fluid because I drank a fair bit between dinner and bedtime (a cup of tea, 2 glasses of water and a 355ml of coke between 6 and 8.30) and you'd think after that I'd be totally busting this morning but nup... So will have to try and flush it out today.
    To be honest I know I'm all water bloated because I can't bear to sit here with my top button done up this morning.
    Just as well I work by myself! LOL. Better remember to do it up later apparently I have to show an insurance assessor around at some stage today
    It seems like around the 1800 calorie a day mark is my sweet spot. Which is good cos I just can't get everything that I need in, in, on much less than that. Fibre is my big worry, and good fibre sources I'm finding are highish in calories (but yummy!)

Discovered Sea Salt and Balsamic DeLites the other day. ZOMGYUM. I've figured out how to placate my chocolate need by eating dark chocolate instead, but hadn't worked out how to tame the chipmonster. Now I do!

Well, better go do my orders *sigh*!
    I'm really not in the groove today... it's gonna be a long, long day!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    *looks out window.
    Yup, still raining.

Well done, guys, you're doing great :D

I hope you feel better soon, Jimjamjandles, and that work isn't torture today. Go climb back into bed if you still feel ugh.

Betzyrama, I know how you feel about weekends--DH likes to eat out on weekends and Sunday night was a serious pig out night. I haven't felt that stuffed in a loooong time. There was this mango ice cream... sighs.

Sassyg--and here I thought I was fortunate to be able to wear jeans to work on a daily basis, lol. I almost walked out the door in my slippers yesterday morning. Those DeLites things are a weekly item on my shopping list--SO yum. I like them with cream cheese, guacamole, tinned salmon with mayo... luckily they're only 80-something cals a little packet and the rest of the family gets to them quicker than I can!

Anyway... here's my accounting:
    Last week: 69.6kg
    This week: 69.4kg
    I briefly saw 69.0kg on the weekend, but that was before I ran the 10K on Sunday and ate half my weight in Indian food. Shrugs. I'll take the downward trend anyway.
  • sassyg
    Options
    Oh yum, indian food. I used to get the butter chicken from the one at Dinsdale. nom nom. I miss it.
  • somigliana
    Options
    Oh yum, indian food. I used to get the butter chicken from the one at Dinsdale. nom nom. I miss it.

The one next to the Woolworths used to be my favourite Indian place before we moved across the river.
    They're one of the few take-out places that knows how to really spice it up. Although I'm a heathen--I don't like butter chicken.
  • sassyg
    Options
    Yeah that's the one!
    We lived just behind Bremworth Park, so it was nice and conveneint. DH hated Indian, so he'd get Chinese and the kids would have hotdog and chips (although my son would eat my indian food if I let him)
  • somigliana
    Options
    Yeah that's the one!
    We lived just behind Bremworth Park, so it was nice and conveneint. DH hated Indian, so he'd get Chinese and the kids would have hotdog and chips (although my son would eat my indian food if I let him)

Small world! We were just around the corner in Salmond Place :)
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi guys,

SW (29 Apr): 70.7
    Last week: 71.05
    This week: 69.70!!!

Yess!!!! In the 60's!

Lame that you're sick, jimjamjandles. I would pretty much disregard the weigh-in and just take it easy until you're better! Hope work's not too awful for you today.

Nice work on the loss betzyrama, sarah and somigliana!

Yeah, Sarah, I managed to drop weight on lower calories per day but now I've been doing this for a while (since January) I have to eat closer to maintenance and accept that it's going to be a slow journey. I usually eat around 2000 a day but that usually involves some form of exercise.

My husband has decided he wants to lose some weight so has joined up on here now....his 3rd day on here he went for a fairly typical (for him) run & road bike, came back and logged it and he'd burned 2,700 calories! He's pretty intense on the exercise but it's quite hard to track calories next to someone who is allowed to eat that many in a day!

mmm yum mango ice cream, that sounds delish!
  • somigliana
    Options
    Yess!!!! In the 60's!

Yeah, Sarah, I managed to drop weight on lower calories per day but now I've been doing this for a while (since January) I have to eat closer to maintenance and accept that it's going to be a slow journey. I usually eat around 2000 a day but that usually involves some form of exercise.

Into the 60s: that's brilliant! Well done.

I am also eating close to maintenance calories now, and my intake is between 1600-2200cal a day, depending on exercise done that day. I sure do pack a lot of food away, but I'm finding the more weight I lose and the more exercise I get in, the hungrier I get. Heh.
  • sassyg
    Options
    ooooh, nice street! We were right at the end of Edith. Moved here about 20 months ago, and sold it about 10 months ago.