Whey protein and nausea

Options
2»

Replies

• marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    There are may different sources of protein in protein powders. Whey is sometimes said to be most preferable/ most easily absorbed though I'm no expert and I don't know if it's true.

Other types of protein sources in supplements include Casein, Hemp, Soy, Rice. I've heard a product called Rawfusion is good and it's non dairy. If it's an issue of your body being sensitive to lactose I have heard that a whey isolate has less lactose. Good luck
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've had some issues with whey giving me gas and gas pains not nausea. I have found when I use only 1 scoop it doesnt seem to bother me but when I up it to 2 scoops, thats when it bothers my stomach.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I only use one scoop and within 20 min I get so nauseated. So I thought maybe mixing it in soy milk instead of regular milk would help but it did the same. I have a hard time getting in all my protein needs through diet and wanted to do a protein powder/drink as a bonus to help out with that. Great info from you all-thanks!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I use Six Star Pro Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate Decadent Chocolate with peanut butter and almond milk. I get mild gut rot, and I find I skip the protein drink to avoid being uncomfortable. I understand that I can find my protein elsewhere, but that's what I do all day, eat eggs, meat protein etc...I work out at night, so when I come home at 8:30pm, I don't really want an entire chicken breast or to pound back a fish fillet. Bump for more ideas for alternatives.
  • RickInHouston
    RickInHouston Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Many people try protein drinks but give up on them almost immediately. How do you make them better...

Mix them and put them back into the refrigerator for at leave 20 minutes, but 30 minutes is better. When you are ready to drink it, take it out and shake it again aggressively.

The grit is gone. It's much smoother and much thicker.

Mix it before you exercise. Go exercise and drink when you are gone.

Perfection!
  • alyssa92982
    Options
    Thanks for that idea!!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    What's the best type for after a strength training session besides whey?

The best kind of protein for strenght training is the kind that doesn't make you sick...some people use soy...hemp...casien...egg....pea...brownrice protein...ect...
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    just make sure you read the labels. Most are overly processed and contain artificial crap that you dont need. I used to be a huge fan of protein powders, tried a ton of them then decided to do away with dairy/whey all together. Then i tried an all natural soy protein, it was ok but read studies that soy isnt all its cracked up to be either. Now i just eat real food
  • alyssa92982
    Options
    Interesting about the labels. Thanks for the info